Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4th day post surgery

Hey everyone...happy 4th July! This my fourth day from my lapband surgery. Today is defiantly the better of all four days. Only issue that I'm still battling is these pains/tension in my left shoulder and neck. #ineedasupportgroupandnewfriends

Make sure you are walking, it helps with the gas pains from the surgery!

walking will help with the shoulder pain and massage will help shoulder and neck pain, it doesn't need to be profesional massage, just have a friend or relative to give you massage in that area and it will help a lot. Good luck!

Neka I was banded on the 29th so day 5 for me. I used a hot water bottle on my shoulder to help relieve some of the pain. Worked a dream!! I am struggling to eat enough calories each day. I a.m getting down roughly 600. How is it for you?

Neka I was banded on the 29th so day 5 for me. I used a hot Water bottle on my shoulder to help relieve some of the pain. Worked a dream!! I am struggling to eat enough calories each day. I a.m getting down roughly 600. How is it for you?

It's hard but I am faithfully drinking my Protein shakes from costco and eating malt o meal. I never would have thought I would be full off that. Lol!!

I too was banded on Monday. The pain is not bad at all except when I try to get up or bend down. My problem is that I am so sick of Water, broth, Jello and Protein Shakes. I want food soooo bad. Even just a taste. I don't know how I am going to last like this until Monday. Please tell me I'm not alone. I know I am probably being a wimp. I had an infection at my port site yesterday and when I went to the doctors I told him that my Heros are those that did a two week pre op diet of liquids too. Food is consuming my thoughts right now.

What it helped me to get the food taste and feel a lot better ( I am in my last day of liquids) is a special chicken broth that I make at home.

Here is the recepe in case you would like to try. I've been having two to three cups a day sinse the day of my surgery and it has been very helpful.

dark meat of chicken, fresh ment, onion, garlic, zukhini squash, carrots, and any other begetable that you would like to add, salt.

Put a lot of Water in a pot and add the chicken, mint, garlic and onion and let it boil for about 30 minutes; add the rest of the vegetables and salt and let them boil until is cook, about another hour.

Let it cool and separate all the meat and vegetables and keep the juise, I heat the chicken broth so it makes me feel like it is real food.< /p>

Good luck to you.