Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Today

That's awesome EmileeKaye. I really hope you get that job. You'll practically be at the gym all day if you get it, which will put you in the right place.

I didn't go to the beach today, DH changed his mind and I'm upset about that. I told him that I WILL GO NEXT WEEKEND WITH OR W/O HIM. He hates sand.

Instead, I am going for a 16.5 mile bike ride and then to the gym and then back to work. :)

That's awesome EmileeKaye. I really hope you get that job. You'll practically be at the gym all day if you get it, which will put you in the right place.

I didn't go to the beach today, DH changed his mind and I'm upset about that. I told him that I WILL GO NEXT WEEKEND WITH OR W/O HIM. He hates sand.

Instead, I am going for a 16.5 mile bike ride and then to the gym and then back to work. :)

TODAY'S ACTUAL - ALREADY DONE WORKOUT

CARDIO TRAINING

12:30PM - Rode my bike 6.5 miles (Had to turn back b/c of thunder and lightening, very very scary.)

1:10PM - Gym - 30 minutes burned 325 calories on the Elliptical.

30 min jog/walk on my home treadmill tonight before bedtime

CIRCUIT TRAINING

Leg curls - 15 reps, 3 sets at 40lbs

Hemstring curls 15 reps, 3 sets at 40lbs

Calve raise - 15 reps, 3 sets at 40lbs

Leg press - 15 reps, 3 sets at 220lbs

Abbduction - 15 reps, 3 sets at 40lbs

Adduction - 15 reps, 3 sets at 60lbs

FREE WEIGHTS TRAINING

Squats - free weights - 15 reps, 3 sets @ 50lbs (THIS HURT LIKE HELL)

Weighed after workout and dropped 3lbs (water, fat, whatever..I'll take it)

The more muscle you have, the more fat your body will burn.

You know how they say.. breathe in when you make certain movements during exercise and breathe out at the hardest part of the exercise..such as weight training? Well there is a reason for it. Also too, how many calories does muscle burn v/s fat? Here's a good resource link.

http://exercise.about.com/od/exercis...s/f/muscle.htm

Q. How Many Calories Does Muscle Really Burn?

A. Most people know that muscle burns more calories than fat but, just how much more? Ever since I got certified more than eight years ago, I've been told that a pound of muscle burns anywhere from 30 to 50 calories per day. However, after doing some research, I've found that number isn't accurate. In fact, a pound of muscle only burns about 6 calories a day...a lot less than what many of us thought, but still more than a pound of fat, which burns only 2 calories in a day. If you can expect to burn 6 extra calories for each pound of muscle you have, you might also wonder how much muscle can you expect to gain once you start lifting weights. According to Dr. Cedric Bryant, Chief Exercise Physiologist at ACE [1], the average person usually gains about 3-5 pounds of muscle mass every 3-4 months.

Of course, how much muscle you put on is based on your genetics, gender, exercise program and diet, so each person will have a different response to weight training.

So, what does this mean? That you shouldn't bother lifting weights if you're trying to lose weight? I think you know the answer to that question. Even though muscle doesn't burn a huge number of calories on its own, it's still more metabolically active than fat and very important for weight loss. In fact, one study published in the Journal of Applied Physiology [6] found that, though weight training doesn't burn as many calories as cardio, it significantly increases average daily metabolic rate - the perfect foundation for losing fat.

And remember the other benefits of weight training:

• Prevents loss of lean body mass that happens from dieting and/or aging
  • Weight training workouts burn calories
  • Helps change your body composition, which helps shape your body and keep you healthy
  • Strenghtens bones and connective tissue along with muscles
  • Helps keep you strong and active as you get older

The bottom line is, strength training is important for almost any fitness goal, whether you want to lose fat, gain muscle or just get in better condition. Check out the following strength training resources for more:

__________________________________________________ ____________

website link of this information: http://www.weightlossforall.com/burn%20fat.htm

Optimise your body to burn fat quickly and naturally

Burn fat quickly and naturally

While exercising our muscles burn both fat and glucose (carbohydrates in the blood) in different proportions. Depending on how an individual exercises muscle can burn fat in a larger proportion to glucose.

When activity is light and easy we tend to burn a much higher percentage of fat. Fat is a slow burning fuel that requires oxygen so if oxygen is delivered to muscle cells in sufficient quantities the cells can easily burn fat for most of its energy requirement. A potential problem for weight loss is lighter exercise burns fewer total calories.

If an individual increases their effort by performing a more intense exercise they WILL burn more calories however, because oxygen cannot always be delivered to the hard-working cells in sufficient quantities, cells are forced to burn more carbohydrates in order to keep up with increasing demand. If the level of exertion continues to increase then glucose eventually becomes the predominant energy source for muscles as this quick-burning fuel does not require oxygen.

It means to burn fat directly we should exercise at a lower level of effort and for longer duration. However some people just don't have the time to exercise for longer periods. The only way to burn fat quickly is to increase the metabolism through anaerobic exercise so we burn the fat indirectly. Fitness expert Tom Venuto has taught thousands of people worldwide exactly how to use certain exercises to burn fat fast.

Fat burning tips

• Burning fat requires continuous smooth movements so learn to develop a rhythmic style when exercising
  • Breath slightly deeper and use a little more lung capacity for effective fat burning
  • Do not hold breath during exercise!

WARNING!

If you possess a high number of fat cells you MUST exercise & diet using correct scientific principles in order to empty fat cells, any other way will result in Water loss and potential regain after diet stops. Read more on Fat Cells here!

Today is a cardio and abs ONLY day. I will do 4-5 miles at home on the treadmill..if I can do more I will.

If I can push it to more than 5 miles, I would be really happy with meself. We'll see. No promises.

Telly,

Thanks for posting the fat burning vs. carb burning article. That is awesome information. I used to walk 5+ miles in less than an hour and I continued this 4-6 days a week for two years. My heart was healthy, my blood pressure and cholesterol were great, but it did nothing for my outside, physical appearance. Now I understand the reason. It was very discouraging to me. Now I know what I need to do to lose FAT!!!

Thanks,

Tricia H

Yesterday:

1 hour mall walk

Plans for today:

250 crunches - didn't do

500 leg lifts - didn't do

200 toe/calf raises

60 squats

150 bicep curls - didn't do

150 tricep curls - didn't do

resistance bands - 75 butterfly, 45 tricep

Plans for tomorrow:

250 crunches

400 leg lifts

150 bicep curls

150 tricep curls

1 mile jog - didn't do

sunday:

- 6 mile walk and no resistance

monday:

- 4 mile walk

- 18 sets of 10 arm and back exercises

- 350 crunches and pilates exercises

today:

- nothing yet. i think this will be a day off.

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!

Happy Fourth!

I swam 1/2 against current in the ocean, 1/2 back with current!

It was a beautiful day on the ocean!

Going back out to watch the fire works...

• I ran 4 miles today in the hot hot Florida sun.
  • I biked 22.50-23 miles in the not so hot Florida sun, it cooled down. I biked to my mother-in-laws for the Bar-B-Que and then biked back. Ipod died on me about 2 miles from my home :(.

Lost 5lbs today!!!! Water weight I do believe, but I'll take it. Can you believe that I lost 5lbs? I weighed myself after I ate a chicken breast and salad and drank 4 bottles of water, still lost 5lbs. If I hadn't eaten and not drank and weighed in, I think I'd of lost 8 - 9lbs in 1 day. That just blows my mind.... (headache now, going to get tylenol). Have a great night folks.

damn baby you are doin it!! telly, 5lbs is 5lbs! you are one hard core hot chick!

Yeyyyyaaaaahhh, OOOOoo KKKKK!

I will bike today..22.5-23 miles as I did yesterday and maybe jog on my home treadmill. I don't feel like heading to the gym today.

today:

tried something new. i did interval training on the treadmill. 5 mins warm up @ 3mph, 1 min run @ 7mph then 2 min walk @ 3.5 mph, all at 2% grade. i definitely feel different inmy legs. my hamstrings are pretty sore and i really sweated. i was feeling like the straight walk was hitting a plateau in terms of challenging myself. so we'll see how this goes

- 3 sets of 10: squats, lunges

- 60 secs of standing on 1 leg on instability disk

- the 100's

- 100 crunches

- 50 oblique crunches

- 50 elbow-to-knee things

- 25 pelvic lift (for lower tummy)

tomorrow i'm headed to LA for a family reunion and i'm actually looking forward to the hotel gym! now that i know what to do with the weights, it'll be fun

today:

tried something new. i did interval training on the treadmill. 5 mins warm up @ 3mph, 1 min run @ 7mph then 2 min walk @ 3.5 mph, all at 2% grade. i definitely feel different inmy legs. my hamstrings are pretty sore and i really sweated. i was feeling like the straight walk was hitting a plateau in terms of challenging myself. so we'll see how this goes

OMG!!!! 7mph is crazy!!! I've done 7mph a few times, only for 1 minute at a time b/c I'm so short and my legs look like a blurr when im doing that pace. It feels good but shit hurts like hell! You are awesome! You did 6 miles the other day too! That's freakin great!