Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Today

doc - that sounds amazing! i didn't exercise this morning. i was out until 2am at a bday party and it didn't happen for me this morning. but tomorrow, i'm back on the wagon. how's everyone else doing today?

Everyone is doing lovely as usual. Folks, we are allowed to take a day off every blue moon, no problem.

Today I biked 18miles (god this one hurt, seriously hurt, the wind was fierce).

4 mile bike ride tonight before bed.

Wow! The sea turtle moment sounds amazing! Wish I was so close to the sea.

I did a 30 min walk, plan on going for a small bike ride, 200 crunches, and 30 squats.

I really need to step up my workouts like used to. This two weeks of doing the minimal has taken a toll. I'll be home in a couple days, thank goodness!

I've had more than a week off because of my eye but today I ran 4kms.

I want to build up to 5 again, there's a 5km fun run I want to do on the 18th, I think I"ll be ready. The 4kms was a little harder than normal but that's to be expected after a break

Ugh...we've been soooo busy the past few days trying to sell our house, etc., I haven't really had time to exercise like I want to. So, today, I just rode my bike for 3 miles. I need to get back to the toning exercises soon. I miss them! I never imagined I'd say that I miss exercising. :biggrin1:

Just Layed out in the pool in the floatie today talking on the phone to my baby brother. I had a meeting to go to and didn't want to get my hair wet. Could I be any less motivated?

Haha MaryB.

You are so cute. I am jealous of your pool. I can't wait to get ours built.

Emilee, I hope everything is well and that you are having fun. The most important thing is to maintain, you are on vacation so remember that when you don't lose as much as you normally would. You are doing great. Don't beat yourself up over that babycakes.

Plans for today

18 mile bike hike

4 miles treadmill

200 crunches

30 pushups

End of workout!!!

i'm also jealous of you poolside/oceanside ladies. i am in nature-scarce new york. but i can't leave. i love this place! i mean, what if something happens without me?! lol. but i got back on the bandwagon this morning:

- 30 mins 4.1mph, 6.5% grade

- 180 arm exercises

- 300 situps, crunches, etc.

i had a conversation recently with a personal trainer about how to really get results and he said that i could cut way back on my cardio and up my resistance. i usually do 45min cardio/15 min resistance. and he said i could go to 20 min cardio/40 min resistance.

i am scared to cut back so frastically on cardio i always thought of it as pure fat burning time. he said that women always think cardio is the way but that creating muscle is a longer-term way to burn calories even when you're not exercising and to up your metabolism. i guess if you had unlimited time to exercise, you could do 40 mins of cardio and 40 mins of resistance. but 1 hour a day is pretty much what i can commit to.

have you guys heard anything like this? or is anyone on a regimen like this?

i'm also jealous of you poolside/oceanside ladies. i am in nature-scarce new york. but i can't leave. i love this place! i mean, what if something happens without me?!

Haha, too cute. I used to live in Brooklyn and worked at Pfizer in midtown, 42nd street. I was afraid to miss things too. NYC is a crazy life and major fun if you are single and childless.

I wanna move back but it aint gonna happen. I'm headed to NYC in August. Mini-vaca with sis as a mini reward and first sis-to-sis outting.

i live in brooklyn and i want to have babies here! and i want to win the lottery! but drop me a line if you'd like to have a bandster meetup while you're in ny.

i live in brooklyn and i want to have babies here! and i want to win the lottery! but drop me a line if you'd like to have a bandster meetup while you're in ny.

Definately would love to.

I used to live in Park Slope on Prospect Park West, (150 Prospect Park West). Right on the 9th street entry to the park where they play all the summer music. I lived upstairs and would just open my window to hear the bands play and watch them on stage. I could walk to the theatre about 4 blocks down the street and my lil boy used to go to Holy Name School, 8 blocks down. We used to frequent "Dizzy's" on the corner of 9th and shopped at the flea markets there. God life was sweet but expensive. My apartment ran $2,600.00 per month. :)

Life was crazy there but I had fun.

Would love to meet up with you for dinner out or a night out on the town. My plan is to be at goal by late August (135lbs) and then party it up! You will have to join us.

for sure! i will be there to party it up with you in august.

i know exactly where you used to live. i'm in fort greene. down the hill a bit closer to the city. we have a little park over there but nothing as big as prospect park. luckily my apt is cheaper than that! 1 br is enough for me right now.

you're so single minded about getting to goal! when i think about it, i 'wonder' when i'm going to get to goal. you 'tell'!

I know, I'm a freak about "Goal" now. Some people say it's not obtainable, some say, it's ludicrous, some say it's not typical. I say..... "watch me"

We are gonna drink it up girl. You just tell me where you wanna go and we will throw up some ideas. LOL! I know of 2 really bad places I'd love to take my lil sis, it's called "Lucky Chang's" - it's a drag queen restaurant. Your waiters are all queens, in drag, like LAs Vegas Drag. lol and another place is .. "La Maison De Sade" it's an S&M Supper Club. She want's to have a memorable weekend so I'd like to accomplish that. What do you think? lol!

Plans for today

16 mile bike ride at the gym on the stationary bike

4 miles the new piece of equipment I don't know the name but I will update here, it's some sort of "marching" equipment

200 crunches

30 pushups

End of workout!!!