Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello to anyone who is reading my thread and thank you for taking the time out to write back...I met with Psych cleared for surgery as of yesterday, all that's left is my GI doc and Pulmonary since I have slight sleep apnea which the office coordinator has said I will be in the hospital for a night...What should I expect the day of surgery and being in hospital? I never been so scared and excited at the same time even though its been hard for me to lose weight all these years I still feel guilty like what could I have done different and failure for choosing surgery? It's the way conversation goes around in my office about a ladies husband whose been having health set backs and they consistently blame the lap band and say things like he should have just stayed big for all those issues...than my doubts creep in I'm mentally ready and worried I may be the select population to have all the bad things of lap band happen to me...???Šwish me luck everything will be submitted to insurance on July 15, 2013 any information from anyone is appreciated...

Don't listen to other people! Follow your gut!! I am one week post-op and I have sleep-apnea as well. I had to bring my machine but they ended up not using it. They used one of the hospitals. It was put on me post-op. They did not put it on me at night because I had oxygen. The pain was not that bad as long as you get up and walk around. You'll do great!

Don't listen to other people! Follow your gut!! I am one week post-op and I have sleep-apnea as well. I had to bring my machine but they ended up not using it. They used one of the hospitals. It was put on me post-op. They did not put it on me at night because I had oxygen. The pain was not that bad as long as you get up and walk around. You'll do great!

Thanks for the advice...was being there one night a benefit for you to make sure you were ok? I heard the same thing from YouTube users to walk right away please keep me posted on your progress

I should have a bachelors and masters degree in worrying! So I can relate to your angst.

Yes, you can have complications BUT weight issues can cause lots of health complications as you know. In the world and on this site you'll hear the band loved and hated. If you follow ALL your doctors directions you not only will have weight loss success, you will minimize the chance of a complication early on or later.

Day of surgery for me,only slightly achy thanks to pain meds. Some gas pains in my shoulders, but walking and moving(especially my arms) got rid of it fairly quickly.

Incisions tender for a week. In a month I could exercise.

My only complication, 9 days post op I had severe cramps from Constipation. My fault, didn't drink enough Water. Went to er, (tmi tmi tmi) and was fine within a couple hours. Good luck to you.

Just have Gas-X at home because your going to need that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Just have Gas-X at home because your going to need that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Thanks for the response this mon and tues GI and Pulmonary and I am completed to submit it took me a year to finally decide lets go July 15 is my deadline it went by fast