Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cold Stone Creamery

Oh sweet Jesus I really need this surgery done ASAP

OK so am I the only one on earth that has not heard of this place. I'm pretty sure it was created by the devil himself. It is crazy how good this ice cream is....I had it Monday for the first time and went again today....I was hearing voices all week..." joy come back you know you want some more..." HELP !!!!!

Oh yes, I've eaten the fruit of the forbidden tree known as the Cold Stone Creamery. I have since repented and vowed never to return. Rebuke the voice, sister! Resist the temptation and it shall flee before you! (In otherwords, don't walk in the door and you won't be so apt to sin!)

Oh and by the way. :gossip:

Prepare yourself... the band wont protect you against ice cream.

Think of it as a drug you just barely escaped from with your life. Are you really planning on taking that drug again? After it almost killed you the first time?

Just say no to Cold Stone Creamery!

I too love Cold Stone. I havn't actually darkened their door for over a year because of the addictive nature of the stuff! :tired

Now that my surgery is done, I feel like I will be able to induldge occasionally with out going overboard. In other words, 1 scoop instead of 3. I think I can fit that in once in a while. A little indulgence can go a long way when you are banded--at least that's what I'm hoping.

Good luck with your pre-diet. I was totally envious of those who went to It doctors who didn't require one, but, I did lose 16 pounds before surgery so it's 16 pounds less I have to lose after.

Hang in there--you can do it!

Ooh cold stone, haven't had that in two years. That stuff is soo good it's pure evil. I like the strawberry with graham cracker crust in it. It tastes just like my grandmas frozen strawberry cream pies used to taste. It is a fond memory and fortunately they are over an hour away. Unfortunately they are not far from my surgeons office :) but so far so good.

Joy - step away from the ice cream!! :) Be strong, my friend. *hugs*

I have yet to visit one but they're building one here. I have been to something similar called Marble Slab. It was good but I doubt I would go back. I've never been a big ice cream eater.

There's one of those evil places just a few miles from my house. I never tried it and am going to stay clear of it.

I get the sinless vanilla and have them add only fresh fruit. I also order a kids size (around 8 oz) and eat half and take the rest home for later. It is a nice treat once a month or so. I am, however glad that there isn't one near our new home. ~Mandy

I had an interesting experience there about two months ago, actually. Now, I'm an avowed ice cream addict and have refused to give it up, though I do normally go for whatever fat-free or sugar-free options may be available. But when the mood strikes, I'll go for the real thing.

The last time I was at Cold Stone, I ordered something with chocolate, Peanut Butter, whatever. And it actually made me slightly ill! It was sooooo rich I could only eat a small part of my portion before having to chuck the rest. I haven't been back there since.

Amazing!!

It's funny that you mention this place when my addictive nature called me there just yesterday...........Can anyone say "Cake Batter"?

I LOVE COLD STONE!!!! It's the best ice cream, and then those darn mix-ins.....well, let's just say it's trouble in the making.

What I've done is I allow myself a treat of it once in a while, BUT I only get the kids size. It's enough to satisfy my desire for it without making me feel too terribly guilty. Since the place is at least an hour from my home, I'm lucky enough that I don't have easy access to it.

We have one close to our current place, but there isn't one anywhere near the new place. My hubby says I should get a restraining order against them building one in the new neighborhood. LOL, maybe I will look into that. ~Mandy

We had one open up by us. Maybe I was there on an off day but we were not impressed. $8.00 for something that I could get better from Turkey Hill ! (Party Cake flavor..omg)

Now Krispy Kreme is another thing entirely. We had the only store open up in myhome town, 40 min away. We would drive the 40 min and wait for the hot and fresh sign to go on. Now that is a donut.

It closed though. :-( I can't believe people would buy Donkin DOnuts over Krispy Kreme.

:) I'm on my sixth post operative day and this thread reminds me that I have four gift certificates to Cold Stone right here on my desk. Should have used them before surgery, huh? We have had them for about a year and I have never gone there. The voices in one ear say to save them for a special treat and just order small and the voices in my other ear keep screaming "Re-gift". Time will tell.

I -used- to love coldstone.

Now even the idea of spooning frozen fat and sugar into my mouth nauseates me.

I feel bad for the folks still trapped inside this web of temptation.

I had my first experince Sat. and was soooo good I just stuck with the kind with splenda and that was my lunch!!