Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thin just wasn't a word used to describe me. I've been up and down with my weight most of my adult life, more up and up and up than down...you get the picture. It's so frustrating when you try and can't make progress. I've walked 10 miles at a time in the middle of the day trying to loose and nothing. Now if you can't loose anything walking in the middle of the day in this TX heat we have a serious problem. I had my surgery 06/13/2013, day 14 today. Feeling really good, I still have some soreness and steri strips love my skin. They aren't even peeling a little, jeez! I've lost a total of 14.4lbs, and yes I am counting the point 4's, point 3's, even point 1's...I'm taking all I can get. I've been walking daily, getting up early because in TX by 9a. it's already too hot for exercise...averaging 3.5-3.75 miles per day. I thought I was going to have to take a break today because last night I felt a knot in my abdomen just to the left and under my main incision sight. I had some shooting pains that almost felt like electricity so I really panicked thinking that I had a slip in the band. Called the Dr's office only to find out it's more than likely my port...ok, weird. I thought it was further over left, great. Of course by the time I was able to speak to anyone after the Dr's office opened it was after 9a, too late to get out and walk. I did find out I can ride my stationery bike though so I rode on my back patio in the shade under the ceiling fan looking out at the pool wishing I could get in. It's a good feeling loosing weight. I have a check up with my PCP early next month and hoping she will let me try getting off my meds, at least for a trial basis...we'll see. I have my first fill in two weeks, don't know what to expect but I'm sure it will be ok. So this is the start of my story and my journey. Until next time...eat well, stay active and be blessed.

BellaNana, Sent from my HTCONE using LapBandTalk

Walking has always resulted in weight loss when I tried to lose weight in the past.

I'm hoping that my treadmill activities at the local gym, combined with my lap-band surgery, will be the ticket to permanent weight loss. Walking is one of the easiest and most effective means to burn calories.

Ok, I'll be in TX on 7/1. What part of TX are you in? I'm from FL but in GA right now to Celebrate my son's 30th birthday. Then I'm off to San Antonio and San Marcos, TX. FL was cooler than GA (Atlanta). So, if TX is hotter than GA I'm not looking forward to that lol. I plan on walking but I don't want to pass out from the TX heat. So what's the best time to walk in TX, would it be early in the morning?

Btw, my son has me walking all over GA., so that is good because I'm not burning enough calories, but the heat and humidity is horrendous! Hopefully, I'll lose some weight.

Good luck on your journey, I know we can all do this!

Thanks for the encouragement. I live in North Texas, hot but dryer than San Antonio. I love SA but the humidity is awful, just walking out the door you're sweating. Morning is the best time for walking, before 9a if at all possible. If you're going for some fun and you want to get some walking in also make sure you go to the river walk, the market square and don't forget the Alamo. Have fun!

Day 15; still feel some soreness especially at port sight when I move certain ways...how many know what I mean, right. Got on the scale this morning, lost...steady the course and keep on track. Looking forward to the day I can fit in smaller sizes. My closet has a wide array of assorted sizes...don't we all. Not sure if I'm going to get a chance to walk or ride today. My girls are starting nursing school in August and today is orientation so I'm watching my grandbaby. Just have to wait and see how it goes, she's 2.6 yrs old and doesn't nap during the day. Guess that's it for today. Until next time, eat well, stay active and be blessed.

i wont ever be thin and that is A-OK with me

but by heavens, i will be and AM healthy..

great attitude you have, keep it up

Thanks Carolinagirl...well lets just say trimmer, lol. I don't know that I'll get into single digits clothing wise but for me it's more about my health than trying to look like a runway model anyway. Who's reality is that really when the majority of woman are an average size 12-14...c'mon now!

congrats on your determination! keep walking and working at it, watch what you eat and be active and you're on the path to success!