Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling really low right now

About 2months ago my band had suddenly gotten so tight I couldn't eat a thing. Went to my dr she took nearly all my Fluid out of my band. I could eat whatever whenever something I hadn't been able to do since getting the band 2 yrs ago. I know I shouldn't have ate all those bad for me foods and should have went back to dr right away but didn't due to my kids being home from school, the long drive to dr. i know i still shoulve but didnt and I just got a battery for my scale today. I started crying when I seen I gained nearly 30 lbs. I knew it was gonna be bad cause I could feel it. I am going to dr first of next week and am going to be so embarrassed since I gained almost a whole year of progress in 2 months. I'm feeling terrible right now and needed to share.

Joleng don't beat your self up, we all fall down but we get back up, you gained 30 back but not all of it, so that means you can just pick up from there and move on, just think as soon as you get your fill and get back focused the weight will just come wright back off, cant wait to hear when you have dropped the weight you have gain, sis hold your head up and tell your self this is a second chance, don't Worrie about being embarrassed, you had a few things that held you back now your about to move forward...good luck way to go Joleng :P

Thanks for the encouraging words. I am trying to keep my spirits up about it, it's just very hard. I just got to the 100 lb lost mark now down 30 . Your totally right though I just gotta get my fill and get back to work on losing again!! I know I can do it I have this amazing tool to help me. Thanks again

Thanks for the encouraging words. I am trying to keep my spirits up about it, it's just very hard. I just got to the 100 lb lost mark now down 30 . Your totally right though I just gotta get my fill and get back to work on losing again!! I know I can do it I have this amazing tool to help me. Thanks again

Keys words Joleng "I gained nearly 30 lbs & I just got to the 100 lb lost mark"!!! Now that is progress girl! You lost 100 lbs my friend, that is the statement to focus on. I know 30 lbs may seem like a lot to gain back, but that means you are still down 70 lbs! Don't beat yourself up, Celebrate the progress that you made and the fact that you know that you need to fix it and you are doing that and that is the part that matters:)

Ditto the previous posts. But I would advise that you weigh daily or at least weekly with or without a filled band. Had you watched your weight gain I'm sure you would have put an end to it earlier. It's a slippppppery slope so be sure to stay on top of managing your loss and your eating habits at all times

Your totally right I wish I had watched it. My digital scales battery went dead and I kept forgetting to replace it plus I hadn't watched my weight for a while but was continuously losing. But now I'm ready to get my but in gear and lose some serious weight. Again thanks for the encouraging words it really does help.

I'm in your shoes right now! I had lost 140, quit going to the dr. and quit following the rules = gained back 60 of that. I didn't look because I didn't want to know. The truth is I like doing what I want, when I want, as much as I want.

I completely understand the discouragement, fear, and shame. I procrastinated getting back to the dr because I was so ashamed and embarrassed. I finally sucked it up and went in. I looked him dead in the eye and took responsibility. He was great! He said, "Right answer - now let's get back to work." I was terrified that my band would somehow not "work" again - maybe I had stretched my stomach, maybe it had slipped, maybe now that I have learned how to defeat it so easily I wouldn't even try.

Great news! I got my fill on May 8 and have lost 20 pounds since then. It still works. That's because it never stopped working - I stopped working!

Here's the thing - never before have I ever stopped a slide. This time I recognized it, looked it in the face for what it is, and I'm doing something about it. That - all by itself - is a HUGE accomplishment for me! It tells me that I have a very good chance of maintaining my success for the rest of my life. I would love to think that I will never get that lazy again, but I know me too well. So in a way, this is a very important part of my journey. I need to prove to myself that even if I really blow it, I can get back on track. I can't tell you the number of diets I've been on in my life and the number of times I've lost more than 30 pounds at a time. Then I blow it and regain it all plus some. When that happened in the past - I just threw my hands in the air and said "F*** it! I'm just destined to be fat and there's nothing I can do about it." This time is different.

I think a vital part of the whole process is learning to live and think differently. Now it's not so much about losing weight as it is about trusting myself and taking control of my life rather than being helpless and hopeless.

Don't just throw your hands in the air and give up on yourself. You did this before and you can do it again. If it weren't a struggle, you wouldn't have had WLS in the first place.

Expect the setbacks. It's what we do. I lived the old way for 37 years - I've only lived this way for a fraction of that. It doesn't come naturally. That's not an excuse for my behavior - just an explanation. I once wrecked my mom's car because I was playing with the radio and not paying attention. Playing with the radio was the reason I wrecked the car, but it was not an excuse. I was still responsible for what happened. This is the same - the reason we slide is because it comes very naturally and it's easy. That's not an excuse. It doesn't mean we can't do something differently. Now, I don't play with the radio when I drive. Hopefully, now I will continue to weigh myself even when I don't want to and I will continue to go to dr. appointments for accountability, even if I think I have gained weight. I need external controls. I need to have to look him in the eye and take responsibility for myself.

Use this experience. It's incredibly valuable! And so are you!

Shelly

There is success in that you know how to correct it - but also have been warned what happens when you revert to the old bad habits. Consider it a valuable lessen learned. One good thing is that initially when you have a rapid gain a lot of it is Fluid so get back in track and drink lots of Water. After a few days weigh yourself and you'll see that you shed a good percentage of that scale reading already...

Brad

I gained 35lbs when my band started leaking. I then made the resolve to get it under control while I was waiting for it to be fixed. I lost 15lbs in 5 months as a result of watching my diet, and while it wasn't weight loss comparable to having a working band, and it was hard work, it can be done.

Yes, you can gain back FAST when your band isn't working, coz you can eat lots - that's how we all got to be overweight to begin with! But get it under control until you get restriction again. It's like being in bandster hell all over again, work it until your band starts working again.

Joleng,

I don't know you but trust me GOD DOES, Trust HIM & Allow HIM To Take You Over Every Obstacle . YOU WILL MAKE IT !

I think I haven't been able to eat much the last 2 years and I just really over did it. But am going to get fill and get back on track. Again thanks for the words of encouragement and it is nice to know I'm not the only one and hear your story. Thanks I will keep u all updated.