Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Connecting tube to port

Wierd question again.

Where on earth do they put the connecting tube to your port??? It looks like it just floats around in there! I know there are possible problems with the band itself and the port itself but the tube thingy? Does it ever wrap around anything important? Do you ever feel it moving around?

See, I told you all it was a wierd question.

Do you ever feel it moving around?

I don't really know the answer to anything else. I'm sure it's not wrapped around anything though, and that it's cut to an appropriate length... but... no, I haven't felt anythin' moving around in there! lol I can't feel anything. I'm starting to think they just sliced me a few times, poked around inside, and charged me $15,000!

I wondering if I'm in the placebo group of some lapband experiement! :heh:

I wondering if I'm in the placebo group of some lapband experiement! :heh:

LOL @ Argon!!! Now, wouldn't THAT suck????

:eek: Argon, I would be demanding one of those barium things so they could prove to me it was in there, lol. Actually, I just got my band a week ago today and I am very confident its there because I can feel my port. The weird thing is, I think I can feel the stuff I drink going through my pouch too.

Wow, didn't anybody else wonder about this? Its kinda strange to think about. Did anyone's dr. or group ever bring it up as a question?

Is that the Brigham & Women's one? I've seen it... I don't remember anything about the tubing though.

I could see my tubing during the barium xray.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I believe the tubing is cut to the appropriate length for you body. As long as it is contained inside the abdominal wall, it can't do much damage. Even if it is free-floating, it is soft and flexible.

If this were going to cause a problem, I think we would have heard about it by now.

Diva, that's not a weird question at all! I wish I'd have asked it. My tube just floated around like Major Tom, which was part of the reason my port incision never healed (because the port & tube were too near the surface of the skin.) Since my drama, which eventually led to erosion, I've heard surgeons say that they now put the port deeper into the tissue. Heck, maybe my surgeon was supposed to stitch my port down, but mine was just a floatie.

I work for my surgeon now...I will have to ask him. Actually I didn't think about it.

Susan that was a great video..I hadn't seen it before.

Yes I had to do the barium swallow the morning after my surgery..YUCK on an empty stomach.

Thank you DeLarla!

It just looks like it is free floating. I am just surprised I haven't hear any problems that directly correspond to the tubing. Not that I want any!!!!! Nor do I want anyone to have a problem!!!! I'm sorry you've eroded. But thank you again for answering me.

Anybody else want to chime in about the tube (not barium x-ray which is not my question in this particular thread).

The port is not supposed to float freely in your abdomen. It is supposed to be stitched to the facia of an abdominal muscle - fascia is that thin, silvery, stringy stuff you cut off the cut of meat (yuck) before you cook it! If your port is floating free, theres a problem.

Diva- - EXCUSE ME for asking an inappropriate question on your thread!!!! You mentioned it in your post, so it just came to mind and I asked!!! FORGIVE ME!!!!!!!!