Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Setback right before surgery!! So frustrated.

So I was scheduled for surgery this Thursday, the 27th. I almost had a setback last week when the facility I was scheduled at stopped doing bariatric surgeries so they had to move it up a day and move facilties. No big deal, same surgeon, just a day earlier. Now, I got a call from True Results saying that I'm going to have to change surgeons and facilities because my insurance requires me to be inpatient and the facility I was going to doesn't do inpatient because it's just a surgery center, not a hospital. Also, I knew that the insurance said it had to be inpatient when I got approved with TR, but the surgeon's office (not TR) reassured me many times and from many different people that it does not have to be inpatient. Now They said it's going to take until Friday at the latest to get the surgeon change completed with the insurance and then MAYBE I can get in next week or the week after. I'm a student and had to pull a lot of strings with my professors to get a week off for the surgery. I also arranged for my sister to watch my dog for a week and my mom took a few days off of work to help me while I'm staying at her house, and now I have to make all new arrangements. This is extremely annoying. Not to mention I've been on my pre-op diet for almost 2 weeks now and now I have to keep doing it for the next 2-3 weeks! Did anyone else have any setbacks this close to surgery? I was getting so excited, and now I'm just feeling really discouraged.

omg. I'm so sorry. Hang in there.

I was called the night before surgery that they wanted additional tests ,but they were able to expedite things and was able to be rescheduled for this Thursday. So three weeks of Protein Shakes. I feel your pain, but hang in there.

Awww I'm so sorry for everything you are going through! I understand how stressful all the pre planning before surgery can go! I hope you find answers very quickly and get everything sorted! Hugs! :)

Hang in there! The timing will be best for you when it happens. When you look back you will know why the tiny delay. Enjoy your days before surgery! Good Luck! Keep us posted!

Good Luck!! The time will go...and before you know it...you will be banded! hang in there!

I am so sorry! It really annoying. It is so difficult to arrange everything once, how about twice? Let's hope that your professor and your mum's employer will be flexible. I understand your concern, however, it is safer to stay 1 night in the hospital. My surgeon is the opposite of yours. I was approved for outpatient procedure and he wants to keep in the hospital O/N regardless.

They called me back today and my TR advocate felt really bad that the surgeon's office messed up so she got me in for preop on the 9th of July and surgery on the 10th. I'll still have to miss just a week of school and my mom's going to be on vacation that week, so I'm having my sister drive me home from the hospital and my Dad will be home all week so he'll help me out. Which means just a month on the preop diet! Good to get used to the good habits now, I guess, but it still sucks!

I have to give kudos to the True Results support staff for stepping up and taking charge on issues that occur outside of the norm. In my case and this one it seems like they went the extra mile to resolve things.