Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling grumpy

I'm impatient today. Impatient to see more progress. I know in my brain how this works, but after a week of really good caloric intake and hard kick butt exercise you just want to see some progress, you know?

I'm frustrated that the visual cues of hard work are not showing...on the scale or in the body. I'm frustrated that I can eat whatever I want and as much as I want. I'm frustrated that my self will is not always as strong as it should be in my food choices and amounts.

I'm not giving up, but I'm just a little peeved at my band right now. Like I feel like it should be doing just a bit more work than it is. ha ha ha.

I've got big goals to achieve...just feeling a little grumpy about backward progress or none at all right now.

The band can definitely introduce you to emotional ups and downs but I guess weight loss in general can cause that too. All I can say is you're doing a good job and it's okay to feel frustrated sometimes. Do your best and keep working at it. I finally went and saw a therapist for awhile during my weight loss and that helped me tremendously. Good luck!

I feel ya. My nurse told me I was doing too much work. Are you due for a fill?

I feel ya. My nurse told me I was doing too much work. Are you due for a fill?

I have an appt for July 5th. I cannot WAIT. I'm going to ask Dr. to be a little more aggressive this time than he was last time. We'll see if he agrees...

Patience is a hard thing! I think it also takes a few days for the all the kick butt exercise and following the "rules" to a "T" to show up on the scale and the fit of our clothes. The other day my exercise shorts were loose, and thank goodness for the drawstring, but today when I put them on it looked like a skirt.

I know I didn't gain all the weight overnight, so I can't expect it to come off overnight. Hang in there it will catch up when you least expect it!

I hear ya lap band Anna! It's hard. I feel that way sometimes but maybe we need to wait longer and the year will fly by.... And we can feel great again soon. I want more aggressive fill next time too. I was not hungry at all until I got my 1st fill last week... Now that gas going away, I want to feel fuller quicker again, soon! It's hard to do right and see 2lbs but add that up over a year!!!!! We CAN do this. We may yell cry whatever but tomorrow is a new day :)

Keep up the good work! progress is progress! Every ounce counts, every workout is a step to a better YOU.. all in time. I'm very impatient so I can see where you are coming from! I hope everything works out and gets easier for you! Let us know how you feel after you fill!!! :D

Oh Boy, do I hear you! In the past, it's exactly that kind of scenario that has doomed diets beyond count...doing everything right, getting next-to-no or no reward from the scale. Previously it would have resulted in a big ole "Well, $@#!$#! this $!#%" and that would have been the end of that particular bout of weight loss.

Precisely why I got the band.

Now, my plan is to rely on it when the going gets tough, temptations are plenty, I'm travelling with limited options and social obligation etc. and "power diet" in the good times between. I currently only have 2 cc of saline which doesn't help much but WILL keep me from going completely overboard...fill is on July 11th, until then I really just expect to hang tough...

Hope your fill on July 5th will give you a boost :D