Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 21st, 2013 My Journey Begins

Hello, I have been here for a about 2 weeks now. I have sucked up all the info I can - good and bad. I have chatted with some wonderful people on here and I am so glad I found this forum. I have learned a lot.

Now my date is approaching fast. The house is clean, laundry all done, my liquids and mushies have been stocked/prepped and I am packed. I have done all I can to prepare, now the wait.... :unsure:

Tomorrow morning I leave bright and early for a 4.5 hr drive to Toronto Canada and check into a hotel room. Friday morning I go into surgery at 8:30 am.

It is so close and I am half freaking out and half excited to start my new life! I have had cold feet and a twisting knot in my stomach on and off all day. At this point, it will be great when it's done and I am back home, hopefully Friday night.

If I don't get to post between now and then, See you all on the other side!

Welcome, we wish you the smooth use of your Band. Use it as a tool to healthy living. Track your nutrition and listen to your body, You can be pleased and happy with your Band by light eating and following the advise of your bariatric people. Be positive and joyful and walk, walk & walk ! I wish you a Sparking future! :wub:

I'm wishing you the best! My surgery is on the 26th. Let us know how you are doing.

Best of luck!

Thank you everyone. I am on my way to Toronto. Last day unbanded! :blink:

Safe travels :)

Arrived this afternoon. Now sitting in the hotel room waiting to go to bed as soon as I can! lol Yikes!

I am home. I was banded this morning in Toronto Canada, and headed back to Ottawa around 1pm (4.5 hr drive) and I was fine on the drive. No nausea, I had pain when I woke but the meds helped and the shoulder pain is subsiding nicely. I do have a strange poke hole that seems to be bleeding a bit on the front of my left shoulder? Any idea why they'd do that? I didn't notice it until I got home. Other than that 3 incision in my abdomen and they also repaired a medium hiatial hernia.

I am now having a bit of throbbing soreness on my left side, but nothing terrible. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Glad to hear you are doing well!

Thanks so much! Now I better get off here and rest. -_-

Glad you are home and you are healing. We are thinking of you. :unsure:

One week out from Surgery today. Days 2-4 ish were rough, but each day got better. I hardly take the pain meds and I am on to full liquids. The first day on full liquids I was nauseous, but it got better in the evening when I had something not sweet/fruity. I swear I am turned off fruity protien Water and broth forever. :lol:

Now that I am feeling better, I am focusing on gaining back strength and drinking 6-8 cups of water. I am down 14 lbs since pre-op, 6 more since banding. I know that could change the moment I put something solid into my mouth.

To anyone newly banded and miserable, it does get better each day! Stay strong. ^_^