Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im upset! Pcp just told me if I wanted to lose 100 lbs I shouldn't have had the lapband! He said the common weight loss is 30 to 50 lbs! Which I have plateaued at 30lbs down!! I am even more determined to lose the weight with this Tool! His words made me cry in my car but I will over come this!

224 dec 2012

194 June 2013

I'm not sure where I stand on this 30-50 lbs thing....most everyone I know has been much more seuccesful than that...many 100 lbs plus....but then, I also know people who never got in sync with the band, and did not loose much...so, maybe,

However....if the average is 50 lbs, that means the low end is Zero and the high end would be 100...on average...so he is not telling you anything directly negative, you could be one of the 100 lbs people....would you feel succesful at or near 124???

Well Im 5'1 so if you know any woman like me 120 is ideal. But I am really shooting for 150.

For instance Singer Christina Aguilera is ridiculed for being Obese... But she is 5'1 and weighs 156. Which is gorgeous to me. But no I was never shooting for 100lb weight loss. I am just trying to overcome this plateau.

Fill number 4 next week!

All I can say is hang in there. I was banded on 12/28/12 and my PCP is very disappointed with my weight loss. My starting pre-op weight was 267. My weight yesterday was 222. So I'm 45 pounds down. My PCP feels I should be losing 10 lbs a month. He feels I should be 65-70 lbs. down now. I'm a slow loser' date=' always have been. My surgeon is happy with my progress and I'm happy I'm losing weight no matter how slow it is.

Due to my disability there are not a lot of exercises that I can do but I'm walking with my cane more and not using a mobility cart to get around in the stores. Hopefully the walking will help me lose a little more than a pound a week.

So don't get frustrated it will happen as long as you stick to the plan. Good luck!

[/quote']

I am in the same timeframe you are and. My surg is happy with my weight loss..... Any info you can share on y we r not on pace?

Im upset! Pcp just told me if I wanted to lose 100 lbs I shouldn't have had the lapband! He said the common weight loss is 30 to 50 lbs! Which I have plateaued at 30lbs down!! I am even more determined to lose the weight with this Tool! His words made me cry in my car but I will over come this!

224 dec 2012

194 June 2013

Unfortunately there are some PCPs that don't support the band. Or maybe don't really know much about it or its track record . I believe this- if it DIdnt work , insurance wouldn't pay for it, nor Medicaid . There will be people along the way that will say things that will just crush any form of confidence you begin to gain from the weight you have lost so far. Even 5 pounds is a triumph for us but others may frown at this. This is YOUr journey. There are thousands of doctors out there and they all have different opinions. Surround yourself with people that support your decision and gain confidence from what you have accomplished so far. Everyone loses differently and at different speeds, depending on many factors. The one thing I learned about the band is its so individualized...there will be ups and downs along the way. I hit a plateau this month but when I sat down and really looked at what I could be doing better I found my answer and know what I need to work on. I watch carbs and keep my intake of them very low. More Protein. Sometimes I think my body says to me "oh no I'm not giving up this weight" and fights me, but I'm fighting back! I've lost 70 pounds so far and have 50 more to go. You just keep on working at this- the band is a wonderful tool but remember its just that; the work is up to us, and along the way you will learn things about yourself. Lots of great encouragement here so keep us informed! :0)

Thank you for your kind words!! Yes I believe it is up to us. Everyone is different and last night I spent hrs on videos and articles about averages I know I wont fail the band!

Im gonna continue to look at it as,

30 lbs down 50 to go! Instead of (Ugh Just 30?)

God Bless you all!