Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I'm all set! Reporting at 530am to sit around and wait I'm sure. They said my surgery time is 730 and realistically I may be coming out of surgery around 930am. I didn't have to do a pre op diet... They told me to drink as much as possible today for hydration and have a light dinner. It all happened so fast! Less than a month from consult to banding! Anyone else scheduled for tomorrow???

How exciting!! I was in the same boat. No Pre-op diet and about a month from beginning to banding. You will do fantastic. I'm not going to lie. I wasn't expecting the pain. But I'm on day 6 and feel soooo much better. I even went to the movies with my husband and son today. Crunched on ice. Felt like I was eating popcorn. Haha!

My advice...take your pain meds...and walk, walk, walk!! Oh and try to get your liquids in. You don't want to get dehydrated.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

I am next Friday, the 21st. Good luck and best wishes on your surgery. Smooth and speedy recovery!

Wishing you luck!!!!!!

Good luck!

I'm home. Well got home yesterday around 1pm. Surgery went well. When I talked to the doctor last night he said it was one of the easiest cases he has ever had. I guess I had very little organ fat? I should be glad the fat is on the outside and not on the inside! I barely got anything into my system from 1pm when I got home to this morning. The liquid Vicodin was making me nauseated even with the anti nausea pills so I just stopped taking it. I dry heaved once and once I threw up a little Gatorade. Today is much better. I've had half a Protein Drink successfully and about 3 oz of Water. The gas isn't as bad as I expected but it is still early. I've been doing laps around the house each time I get up to go to the bathroom. Thanks for all the well wishes and glad to be on the other side!

I am glad to hear it all went smoothly! I hope you have a quick recovery. I'll be joining you in 3 days.

Thanks LMB! I hope yours goes smoothly also!!!

Four days post op now and feeling okay. Still some muscle pain in my belly around the bigger incisions. Other than that I'm good!

Glad to hear! I just got home.

How are you feeling??

Congrats on your band. Glad you are doing well. I am getting so nervous. I get banded on Monday the 24th. I am like you, I didn't have to do a pre op diet. I am sure by tomorrow I will be freaking out.

Pretty good. No gas pains today, a little sore in the left side and kinda loopy from the drugs. :P

How are you feeling??

Congrats on your band. Glad you are doing well. I am getting so nervous. I get banded on Monday the 24th. I am like you' date=' I didn't have to do a pre op diet. I am sure by tomorrow I will be freaking out.[/quote']

I'm sure everything will go great! Can't wait to hear your update!

As for me... I sneezed twice today and omg the pain!! Like deep muscle pain... Shooting pain!! Ugh. It's better now. Thankfully. I still get some pain when I sit up or lay down on my own. I hear that will last awhile.

The liquid diet is going all right. I added vanilla activia yogurt today. I have been using 2 Protein shakes per day, about two cups of broth, 1 or 2 applesauce, one cup coffee with non dairy Creamer, and plenty of Water or Gatorade zero. I think starting tomorrow I will add one more Protein Drink as I am going back to work tomorrow.

First post op appt is on Tuesday. According to my scale I'm down 9 pounds from the surgery date.

I'm sure everything will go great! Can't wait to hear your update!

As for me... I sneezed twice today and omg the pain!! Like deep muscle pain... Shooting pain!! Ugh. It's better now. Thankfully. I still get some pain when I sit up or lay down on my own. I hear that will last awhile.

The liquid diet is going all right. I added vanilla activia yogurt today. I have been using 2 Protein shakes per day' date=' about two cups of broth, 1 or 2 applesauce, one cup coffee with non dairy creamer, and plenty of Water or Gatorade zero. I think starting tomorrow I will add one more Protein drink as I am going back to work tomorrow.

First post op appt is on Tuesday. According to my scale I'm down 9 pounds from the surgery date.[/quote']

Thanks. Tomorrow is the big day. I am nervous plus I am trying to figure out what to have in the house to drink