Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm in the preop diet phase awaiting surgery on 6/20. I've tried the Slim Fast shakes that are the low carb, high Protein ones and found them to be gross! I am trying Atkins today and it is much better. I think I also have a problem with soy-based products. I did Medifast for awhile and had terrible stomach pains when I ate certain products - all of which contained soy. The Slim Fast shakes also ad soy and I got similar stomach pains. Atkins doesn't have soy listed as an ingredient so I am hoping no pain after drinking this one!

It's a good thing your trying different ones ;) and Protein Shakes STINK...lol BUT..since we need them for our journey there are allot of different things to make them more palatable ;) Have you tried just getting Protein power and making a fruit smoothie? or the Protein Water

Isopure Plus 0 Carb Protein Drink Grape Frost, 8 ounces amazon carries it and it doesn't taste terrible.http://www.amazon.co...opure zero carb

It's a good thing your trying different ones ;) and Protein shakes STINK...lol BUT..since we need them for our journey there are allot of different things to make them more palatable ;) Have you tried just getting Protein power and making a fruit smoothie? or the Protein Water

Isopure Plus 0 Carb Protein Drink Grape Frost' date=' 8 ounces Amazon carries it and it doesn't taste terrible.http://www.amazon.co...opure zero carb

I might try a powder later. Right now with preop I'm limited to 1 cup of fruit a day. I LOVE fruit. Haha! I've not heard of protein Water. I'll have to check it out.

I also kind of like the pre made ready to go shakes as I am a teacher of special education students who are sensitive to sound so they will freak out if I bust out with a loud blender at school! School starts again 8/7 (my birthday) so I know I'll get stuff figured out by then. I hope.

Thanks for the ideas!

I might try a powder later. Right now with preop I'm limited to 1 cup of fruit a day. I LOVE fruit. Haha! I've not heard of Protein Water. I'll have to check it out.

I also kind of like the pre made ready to go shakes as I am a teacher of special education students who are sensitive to sound so they will freak out if I bust out with a loud blender at school! School starts again 8/7 (my birthday) so I know I'll get stuff figured out by then. I hope.

Thanks for the ideas!

Hey fellow Leo - my birthday is also on 8/7! :)

Regarding the Protein Shakes, the only one I can drink anymore is the ready made by Premier Protein. I like the chocolate; the vanilla is nasty. And for you, they don't have soy. The various Protein powders I bought tend to make me nauseous. It's not allergy related, but they just gross me out.

There are other soy free protein powders that you might want to try; pea protein and egg white protein. You can pick them up at any health food store. As far as the blender, you can put everything in a good shaker cup, and take them to work. When I was on the liquid phase, that worked out well when I wasn't at home.

I'm right there with you! Except I started my preop diet a couple days ago cause my surgery is on the 28th! I bought the Premier Protein and hate both the frosty chocolate and vanilla! The chocolate I couldn't even finish but the vanilla I blended with fruit and ice and I could stomach it, though it was still pretty gross. I just ordered the Isopure unflavored powder so I can mix it with a fruit smoothie and it should be here on Tuesday so that will hopefully be better than the premier protein! You're definitely smart for trying them way before your surgery, I'm stuck with the premier Protein for the next couple of days since I'm already into my preop diet!

August Birthday here too! A leo as well. :) My advocate True Results has there own "shake" that you can buy through them and out of curiosity I tried a sample pack and about died! It was not what I expected, so I have been trying all different types. My surgery is not for another 4 weeks, but I'm extremely nervous. I'm also sensitive to SOY, not allergic but sensitive in the least. Hope everything is going well for you and congrats! Surgery is only a few days away!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!