Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bowel movements- sorry:(

I hate to call my doc to ask this on the weekend- but how long after surgery before you had one? I had surgery Thursday and still haven't. All I am getting in is Water, apple juice, and chicken bouillon.

5 days for me. Hang in there in and stay hydrated. It will happen. Actually glad because stomach was way too sore. Lol

Sounds like what I ate the first few days post op. It took me over a week. Try Miralax. Do NOT use magnesium citrate. I was laid up with terrible intestinal cramps when I used that. Good luck.

It can't hurt to take some Ducolax, 2-3 really small pills, or metamucil, just need something to get things moving :wacko: Surgery is a shock to the body, as is pain meds etc.. I'm sure you'll be fine soon. If not call'em on Monday ;)

YIKES NO Mag CItrate, is RIGHT! that stuff is used for Colonscopies ...lol

I have been constipated since surgery 8mths ago.

Good luck!

I have been constipated since surgery 8mths ago.

Good luck!

Yeah - I'm with ya! I take Miralax to keep things moving along :mellow:

I had surgery the same day, and had diarrhea today after having my Protein Drink. Have you been on the liquid diet all week, if so, this might be why you haven't. Start taking your Fiber, but once you start eating solid food, they will come. Also, surgery , anesthesia and the gas slow your system down which causes you to be constipated...no fun, but it will come...sad, when have we ever been so excited to have a bowel movement, lol!

I had a major issue with Constipation post surgery which was next an issue before but when you eat lot less there is alot less going through the colon. The key is Water and fiber helped keep it as regular as possible

I know what you are going through. I am 4 months post surgery and it still can be a problem. My nurse said use MOM. I told her my mom died years ago and what could she have done anyway? The nurse nearly fell on the floor laughing. I laughed too when she said "Milk of Magnesia!" Oh, these acronyms! I still have to take a slug now and again to get things happening. Remember, "Poo Poo Occurs!"

I'm 10 weeks post op today and have been thankful for every time i went. I usually need to take prune juice (with a straw cause i try to get it down quickly) our light plum juice (tastes more like grape). I usually only go every 4 days now. But i know the bulk is just not there because I'm not eating much. My co-workers laugh at me but ill take my stethoscope at work and make sure i still have bowl sounds if it's been to long. ;-) I did recently buy Metimucil because I'd hate to be obstructed and end up with an NG tube. But I can defiantly feel when it's "due" So I'll just drink some juice and it eventually comes. I have been trying to keep things more natural. ..... you will be fine. Listen to your body

I had 2 today so relieved there. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement:)

I was told at least 5 days, on the other hand, I have been constipated like Maddysgram since the surgery 20 months ago! Miralax, ducolax, and when all else fails phosphate soda. I am now on an Rx to keep me mobile, I know TMI but true!

Hang in there, just had my band on the June 4th. Same situation. Then, it was mostly diarrhea from all the liquids. Hang in there.

The key I've found to Constipation problems is to always drink lots of fluids. Whenever I try to use fiber, laxatives, etc. I just throw my body out of whack in the other direction that I started. Fluids are the best long term fix that I have found.