Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help me make menus- progress has been slow :(

I try to keep up my Protein as well as stay under 1200 calories a day. I also work out 5 days a week!! I am 9 months post op and only down 41 lbs. I expected far more.. I was roughly 250 at the beginning. I believe I am in the right zone as I can't eat much at a time (unless its' Soup or something of that nature and then I can eat it all no problem). Ideas?? I'm discouraged. I'd really like another 20 lbs gone rather quickly.. and itn the long run=- I'd like 40!! atleast

You sound very much like me.

As of my fill yesterday, total 8.5cc in a 14cc band, I believe I am in the zone!!!!

257 to start, 242 day of surgery (6 montgs ago), and now 225.

Ok, so yesterday will having a pity party for myself at the docs, here wad her advise for me, maybe it can help you.....

~ 1000 cal

~ exercise min. 1/2 hour a day, everyday, and sweat!

if not sweating, don't count it, meaning don't count warm up and cool down.

~eat no less than 75grams of Protein

~eat as much solid food as possible, try to avoid soft, mushie foods

~meal 7ish, snack 10ish, meal 1ish, snack 4ish, meal 7ish, snack 10ish is my guide for now. Switching Snacks with meals if it fits family schedual better.

Hope this info, which embarrassing enough I already knew, but didn't execute, helps you in some why.

Lastly, my menus( which is whst you asked for ) is boring, but it works for me...

Snacks......

Greek yogurt, soy nuts, weight watchers cheese sticks, Protein Bar, raw veggies, yasso frozen Protein bar

Breakfast.....

Protein Shakes

Peanutbutter in greek yogurt

Lunch/dinner......

Raw veggies and either

Chix breast, ground sirloin, egg(hard boiled, scrambled, omelet)

Great !! Thank you..I really appreciate the response and any help- and to know that I'm not alone. While I'm excited for others that have lost great amounts.. It's so frustrating to not be one of them. Especially when I know how much I eat and how much I workout! Funny you mentioned the WW cheese sticks.. I just had one. I've also switched to natural Peanut Butter as the sugars are less.. and I actually think it tastes better! I like the other suggestions you made also. I'm at 6.5 I think in a 14 cc band.. Have been for awhile.. I suppose I may need to up it.. but sometimes it seems like I can't eat much at all.. And I don't want to be that person that goes too tight and ends up ill all the time!! I want to do this all healthy and happy :)

Healthy and problem free! I get the fear of being over filled. I finally feel like I am at the right amt. I did a bunch of Water exercises today in our above ground pool with pool weights. Jogged for 15 minutes in water. Wish my knees let me do it on land.Maybe someday!

Keep up the good work! : )

Try taking out the yogurts and Protein Shakes. I do not eat anything that is not solid. Just isn't worth the calories if it isn't going to stay with me. When I was losing I was eating 500-600 calories and exercising at least an hour a day. Now that I am at goal I eat about 800 calories a day and still exercise every day. You have to find what works for yo. I track everything still!

Thanks for the tip abt the yogurt and shakes, suebee.

What is a typical day menu for you?

Thanks for the tip abt the yogurt and shakes' date=' suebee.

What is a typical day menu for you?[/quote']

Feel free to look at it on MyFitnessPal.com, I am Brinksm.

I am maintaining now so it is a little different.

Breakfast: either a scrambled egg with a half round flat bread with Peanut Butter OR oatmeal with raisins

Lunch: half a sandwich with a little fruit (I always use Arnold's flat round bread)

Snack: Quaker Oat Squares, dried banana chips and almonds (this is my go to trail mix)

Dinner: turkey meatloaf, green Beans and little potato or fruit

I may snack on my trail mix a couple times a day. I sometimes have a little SF ice cream or a small cookie.

When I was losing, it was pretty much the same, but only two meals a day and I exercise every day for at least an hour.