Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date June 20! shakes????

Ok I am scheduled for surgery June 20 and I am so excited! I have to start 2 Protein Shakes per day this saturday! I have never been a big shake fan so I am looking for some input on good ones!! Please and thank you! :D

I used pre mixed Isopure from GNC before and have been using Celebrate since surgery.

Lost almost 20 pounds on pre.

Isopure was 160 cal for 20 oz bottle 40g Protein and met all other requirements.

I did NOT like the orange one though the rest I could do. I hate Protein Drinks and didn't have to force these down after my 2nd drink

Great! I will look into those! Sound perfect! Thank you!

Great! I will look into those! Sound perfect! Thank you!

Your welcome :) prewarning they are not cheap but taste WAY better than mixing my own and were clear so it helped me out alot ((they were actually one of the first things on the list of except able drinks-but the only one in the list I could find)

I still use the whey Extreme in chocolate from Walmart. It is 14.99 per tub and has many different flavors. Cookies and crème is okay also. I mix mine with FF skim milk and drink one every morning. It is also yummy if you put in freezer and freeze til a slush like consistency or in my vitamixer and make me a wendys frosty. I love the taste. It is 28 grams per scoop plus the milk Protein. I love knowing I am getting a leg up if you will on my daily protein. And like I said, I really like the chocolate taste.

Ok I am scheduled for surgery June 20 and I am so excited! I have to start 2 Protein shakes per day this saturday! I have never been a big shake fan so I am looking for some input on good ones!! Please and thank you! :D

I add Decaf instant coffee and peppermint extract to the chocolate and it becomes a very thick shake. I only drink chocolate, Body Fortress, with 8 oz skim milk and use tons of ice. I have a small blender that us also a drinking container

The only one I can drink is the pre made banana muscle milk...good luck finding one you like :)

Thanks for all the ideas!! Im sure it will be trial and error!! lol :wacko:

I bought a lot of different flavors so I could mix it up during the day. Also Amazon carries Protein Soups which are pretty good too. I figured I would be doing these after me surgery and the day after fills so if I don't finish them all pre surgery I have them for after! I'm having my surgery 6/20!

I bought a lot of different flavors so I could mix it up during the day. Also Amazon carries Protein Soups which are pretty good too. I figured I would be doing these after me surgery and the day after fills so if I don't finish them all pre surgery I have them for after! I'm having my surgery 6/20!

Thanks for the info! We should be buddies.. same surgery date! I will friend ya!

Thanks for the info! We should be buddies.. same surgery date! I will friend ya!

Awesome yes! I was a little shocked yesterday when my surgeons office called for me to get ...yet one more blood test. The nurse then told me my insurance had still not certified the surgery? I'm trying to be positive but I feel like I can't take a deep breathe until I know it's been confirmed. I had no idea they could give you a surgery date with out insurance approval?

I have no idea how to friend you back! My FB is Cherie Murphy Dover DE!