Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to stay on track when you can't excerise....

I have been banded since August 2011. I did awesome losing the weight the first yr. I the ended up starting to have problems with my back and had 2 back surgies within 4 mths apart. From September 2012-January 2013 I gained 45 lbs. I started my binging again cuz all I can do is sit around and I feel more hungry with the band in know then I did before. I've had several fills and that hasn't helped. Does anyone have any ideas to help me out please..

Thank You Kim

Kim sorry to hear about your back surgeries. are you doing better now? what are your limitations? check with your Doctor about possibly just Walking? even in small increments daily that might help. I sure hope your Journey improves :) Please keep us posted.

I'm sorry to hear of your back surgeries. That must have sucked!

Not sure of your current mobility/capabilities, but there should be some form of "exercise" you could do?? Have you spoken with your doctor/surgeon to see what they will allow/you can tolerate? Maybe its just upper body "exercises" that you can do, but anything can help. There are lots of folks who can't walk that still find some way to get their heart working/burning calories. For me, it was a hard time finding that green zone....took forever! But when we finally did get me there, it helped....EVEN with the head hunger! Best of luck finding what works for you.

http://www.gazette.n...69.jpg&maxw=800

Some health clubs have heated pools, and arthritis exercise classes. You might ask your doctor if a pool exercise class would be good fit for you. Moving in Water burns calories, and is easy on the joints and back.

Sorry about your surgeries. I would try to focus on what you CAN do instead of what you can't do. How about swimming, walking around the block or even just doing some arm work with 2 lb. weights? Any movement is going to be better for your overall health (physical and mental) than sitting all day. Wish you all the best.

Sorry to read of your surgeries...they are the pits. I've had 3 since having my band placed.

It might be worthwhile to check with your local YMCA...where I used to live some of the larger Y's had paired up with the hospitals to have some physical therapists on staff. They were there to assist individuals in your situation determine an appropriate and safe exercise plan to meet your current limitations.

We will always feel better when we take an initiative to overcome barriers to achieving our goals. There is a way!

Best wishes...

I also think some sort of Water therapy/exercise would be your best bet.

I've had a rough couple months physically- namely two surgeries and a stint in the ICU for blood clots. Up until the last couple days I'd been extremely inactive. But, the way I coped was to count my calories religiously and decrease them a little. It's definitely not easy but it allowed me to maintain (even lose some) despite all the medical issues.

Best wishes.

If your spine surgeon didn't prescribe physical therapy, maybe you could ask him to. They will know exactly how to work with your limitations, and the movement will help. I'm in line for disc repair surgery, and I have no idea what to expect. But I'll just focus on the outcome being less pain! I hear mixed reviews.

Feel better.....

PS: YES, and as Mis said......count your calories diligently. And if you're mobile, get out of the house for awhile when you feel like eating. Easier said than done, I know <_<