Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No point in getting on the scale

Yesterday was a month of being banded. I feel as there's no need to get on the scale and see the same 10 pounds gone its not enough. I got adjusted two weeks ago my doctor told me if I felt little restrictions I had two weeks to come back. I'm going back Friday needing some results

I hate to tell you this, but 10 pounds in a month is good. The average weight loss rate for people with the Lap Band is 1-2 pounds a week, You've already exceeded that average.

The weight isn't going to just drop off, that's simply not the way it works. It's best you have realistic expectations so you don't set yourself up for failure.

Best wishes.

I understand that it takes time. I see all these post on the board of people who lost a ton of weight in a short amount of time. I just want that sooner then later.

I understand that it takes time. I see all these post on the board of people who lost a ton of weight in a short amount of time. I just want that sooner then later.

We all want it sooner than later, but the reality is for most people it's a slow gradual process. You have to accept the fact the average is 1-2 pounds per week and consider it a success when you lose at all.

It's a marathon not a sprint.

i see NO issue whatsoever if you are LOSING

isnt that what it is all about?

A ton of fast weight loss may be more Water than fat! 3500 calories in a pound. If you do the math, some of the weight losses would be equal to a negative food intake, or mean an extreme amount of physical activity. 2 pounds a week is darn good.

After my lapband surgery, it was about 6 weeks to 2 months before I lost anything except the original 2-3 lbs after surgery. Relax, it will happen, just follow the plan. Many people have not even gotten on real food at 1 month. Best wishes, Karen ( met goal around 1yearto 18 months after surgery, and it was 100 lbs)!!

After my lapband surgery' date=' it was about 6 weeks to 2 months before I lost anything except the original 2-3 lbs after surgery. Relax, it will happen, just follow the plan. Many people have not even gotten on real food at 1 month. Best wishes, Karen ( met goal around 1yearto 18 months after surgery, and it was 100 lbs)!![/quote']

Wow thats fantastic. I hope that happens to me too. Im in the same boat. Ive had my first fill. Its been 6 weeks since my surgery and ive only list tge initial few lbs. im still not my preop weight but its starting to creep up. Cant wait for my 2nd fill. :)

Yesterday was a month of being banded. I feel as there's no need to get on the scale and see the same 10 pounds gone its not enough. I got adjusted two weeks ago my doctor told me if I felt little restrictions I had two weeks to come back. I'm going back Friday needing some results

May I politely disagree? food logging and daily weighing are flags for me. If I don't want to do either one, it is usually because I have not bee following the rules. A lot of my fat came from self denial about how much, and what I was eating, your mileage may vary.

I'm been follow the rules about 80% I can only be honest. I'm human I think that's good from where I came from. soda chips candy Cookies. pizza burgers & fries. I'm proud of me for cutting them from my team that's why I'm was thinking it would be more weight by now

Please don't compare your progress to anyone elses, which is hard. Trust me, I know. You are doing GREAT!!

Dont compare yourself to others but in my opinion when you are in your first year, your compliance needs to be 100% or you will never get the results you are looking for. You want to lose weight fast but that other 20% is believe it or not a big amount of the problem. Stick to the plan and you will lose a great deal your first year.

10 lb a month is great! X 12 months = 120 lb lost!!! The first 6 weeks are for healing, learn to use your band properly. Also getting used to the lifestyle change which should be permanent. This means following nutrition instructions to the letter. It also means logging everything that passes your lips. food exercise Water meds, don't matter, log it.

Those who are losing more faster are either male or a lot higher BMI than you. It don't matter how fast they lose. It only matters how you lose.

Comparing your progress to anyone else is asking for trouble.

Good luck!

You are doing fantastic! I am surprised that your surgeon gave you a fill... Mine wouldn't do it until I stopped losing weight. I am 10 weeks post op and just had a fill yesterday. My MD asked me a lot of questions about my weight loss and my hunger before he would do the fill.

I want to be thin and healthy, and would love for it to happen overnight. But not realistic and I have to work hard for this. I am still struggling at times with knowing how to use my band to m benefit.... You got this! Slow and steady can win the race!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk