Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Somthing else about my port removal

Sorry for bring up my problems again. But I just remebered something that really urks me. You know how your port is stitched into place with the muscle. Well I had my stitched 4 times. Normally I would think one would cut the stitch and pull it out that way. Not with me, my Dr. cut round the stitch and took the meat with the stitches..... so a small piece of meat was hanging off the stitch he took off... 4 times!!!!! ugh This bothers me.

Okay thanks for letting me vent..... again......

OMG that bothers me to.. how grosssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!

I'm so sorry hon you have to deal with this sh*t... its just not right.

HUGS and KISSES TO YOU!!!

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

literally, my mouth dropped open when I read this.

Im not a nurse, nor am I in a medical profession.

So before I REALLY get bent out of shape and start recommending that you see a GOOD mal-practice attorney, Im gonna HOPE that some of our good RN's come to Dr. Quacks side and defend him for doing this.

...no wonder you are in SO much pain. duhh.

((((hugs)))

Paula I just knew you would drop your mouth on this one... Heck right now my dear... Im making a list!!!! *wink*

UM, I am SHOCKED!! I am not a surgical nurse but it might be normal to take the stitch and the surrounding tissue but I can't think of a reason why. Unless it just saves time. LOL!!

Trish, make that list and think of everything. Did he use local anesthestic to numb you when he took out the port. First I think taking the port out in his office is a little strange to begin with. Second, that is just WRONG!! What if you had some complications!

Oh Trish that is so aweful - You poor girl -- Praying you heal up and recover from all that he has put you through...

I think taking the port out in his office is a little strange to begin with

Yep!

I caught this one too.

I just figured that his office was equiped with the right surgical tools??? and this was a commen thing for him - to perform surgery in his OFFICE??? :)

Trish, I strongly recommend you to contact your insurance company and give a complaint against this doctor. Thats how some insurance companies drop physicians from their plans. If WE (the customer) do not complain, they (the insurance) will never know that their is a problem.

((just as a side note... Mike needed to see a ENT doctor in Houston. Our ins. had around 30 ENT physicians in network. We were clueless to any of them. I called our ins. and asked for them to recommend one. My ins. rep. first narrowed down the list by eliminating the ones that had complaints against them - complaints from patients like YOU and me.)

Wait! What? I go away and have my own personal meltdown and this happen???? I need to search the complications forum for the rest of the story, since that's where I think it will be, right?

Oh (((((((Trish))))))))

OMG, I can't believe what you've had to go through, IN HIS OFFICE, I so wish you'd have stopped him. I thought the "easy" removal of the band and it's parts, ie..port, was the main reason I opted for this surgery.

Big Hugs!!!!!

I dont think I will ever go to the ins. or any lawyer or anything. I dont want to do that to him. all I want is to be fix and not in pain any more. I want my band too. I dont think I ever got a chance to work with it. and I want that chance I think I would be a great bandster!

Thanks for the info though... but I am not getting this Dr. in trouble

I dont think I will ever go to the ins. or any lawyer or anything. I dont want to do that to him. all I want is to be fix and not in pain any more. I want my band too. I dont think I ever got a chance to work with it. and I want that chance I think I would be a great bandster!

Thanks for the info though... but I am not getting this Dr. in trouble

Trish you really should get a different dr and get this guy for malpractic so he doesn't do this same thing to someone else!!!! If you do nothing.... and no one knows he doesn't know what he is doing .....then he will have tons of patients that will go through the same thing you have gone through. Some body has to speek up about this guy.

I can'y believe he didn't just take out the stiches!!! :) (((HUGS))