Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you weigh yourself in??

I was just curious of what everyone wears when they weight themselves? In the past I have always worn similar light weight clothing. This morning I happened to step on the scale before I got into the shower, while I was still wearing my nightgown and then again once I got dressed and was surprised to see almost a 5 pound difference. When I had done weight watchers before, I always thought it was funny when people would come in and strip down to the shortest shorts and sports bras for weigh in!

In my mind I figured it is best to go with clothes on, similar to what I would wear to the doctors office for the "official" weigh in to keep from being too disappointed in the variance.

Maybe this is another reason that it's time to go get some new clothes that aren't so baggy and so I won't need a belt to keep my pants up!

Not a darn thing but a smile! :)

Ditto to what Steph04 wrote :P

I also weigh myself first thing in the morning to avoid any added Water weight.

Butt naked! lol I don't want anything weighing me down. Also, first thing in the morning. I am trying to break the weighing everyday habit, it just brings me down.

Straight from waking up, to the bathroom, then to the scales in nothing but my unders! Lower the weight means higher self esteem for me.

I wake up, take a shower, and then step on the scale butt naked. I find I'm a couple ounces less after a shower, I think your muscles are more relaxed, maybe? Anyways, every ounce counts!

I always a bit more AFTER a shower. I think Water is retained in my skin. Weigh myself when I first get up, and right before bed.

Naked!!

I get up, pee, then weigh in the tank top I sleep in.

I definitely liked the number when I stepped on it the first thing this morning in my nightgown, but was a bit shocked to think I'd lost 5 pounds in 2 days when the scale wasn't budging before. Which is why I weighed again in clothes and saw it was the same as 2 days prior.

I had been avoiding the scale since it was hardly budging, but decided to give it a try last friday and was shocked to see I was down almost 10 pounds since I weighed a couple of weeks ago. I guess fixing the Constipation issue helped quite a bit! :)

My biggest concern with going with the number with the least amount of clothing and then stepping on the doctors scale fully clothed and seeing a higher number is the self esteem issue, like someone else mentioned.

Thanks for the feedback.

i weigh at my dr's in the afternoon in my office clothes (sans flip flops).

I could be a real smart ass and say my bathroom. Like most everybody else, in what God gave me. I just wish he had not been so generous in giving me so much. I also make sure the cat does not come in the bathroom when I get weight, I am sure goes out to the neighbors and talks.

I weigh in the same thing I am planning to wear to the doc appointment when I have one, otherwise, in my birthday suit. By the way, I LOVE to weigh in at the docs, always 3 pounds lower than at home!