Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a buddy

Is your husband supportive of what you are doing, you will probably want someone there with you for the first 1-2 days

My husband..that's a tricky one. He is a very hard nosed, unsympathetic type... I asked him again if he was still planning on being away and he told me not to be a whiner, it is minor surgery and I'll be fine. I said, but what if I have to go to the hospital?? He kinda rolled his eyes like I am making a big deal out of it and proceeded to tell me about the woman at his work who had WLS and was back to work the next week....ok first, she had a different procedure and he has no idea what her recovery was like the day or so after...sheesh. I don't mean to bash him pubically, but no, he is not the most supportive man on the earth. More of a "suck it up, be tough" kind of guy.

Don't get me wrong, he has never ever said anything about my weight or appearance. He has some to lose himself, so he is also on a plan I helped him get info on. He wont be eating crap in front of me or anything, so there will be some support that way..

My mother will stay with me if I need her.

My husband was a little unsupportive at first, until I had a heart to heart with him and made him understand why I was doing what I was doing, he couldnt understand at first because he thought i was beautiful the way i was, I just told him that I want to look on the outside how I feel on the inside, I wanted him to have the wife I knew he deserved, and I wanted to have the life I know I deserved, but not to bash your husband but mine would not have even considered going away after my surgery or I probably would have kicked his ass!!!

Is he maybe secretly jealous that you are going to look even hotter after it is all said and done, whatever you do don't let him bring you down :-)

We definitely have issues. lol

I agree with you on the jealousy..I really think he is in a way..there is also the fact that there is 11.5 yrs age difference.

We need to work some things out.

I have some fears, and I am freaking out more today. lol I blogged about it too.

We definitely have issues. lol

I agree with you on the jealousy..I really think he is in a way..there is also the fact that there is 11.5 yrs age difference.

We need to work some things out.

I have some fears' date=' and I am freaking out more today. lol I blogged about it too.[/quote']

Well, my forever boyfriend was not supportive of me having surgery because frankly, he was happy with the way I was. Health issues were more my concern than how I looked. My boyfriend has weight issues but he's healthy as a horse. I do wish he would lose some weight but being as his motto is- if it isn't broken don't fix it.

Don't get me wrong I don't want anything to happen to him but I think something drastic would have to happen to him health wise to get him to lose weight. I knew I had health issues and that was my motivator.

I hope it works out well for you and I wish you much success.

Mine is indifferent about me having it, he says do what you want..

Thanks for the wishes!

Well, my forever boyfriend was not supportive of me having surgery because frankly, he was happy with the way I was. Health issues were more my concern than how I looked. My boyfriend has weight issues but he's healthy as a horse. I do wish he would lose some weight but being as his motto is- if it isn't broken don't fix it.

Don't get me wrong I don't want anything to happen to him but I think something drastic would have to happen to him health wise to get him to lose weight. I knew I had health issues and that was my motivator.

I hope it works out well for you and I wish you much success.

I really hope he comes around for your sake, there is nothing worse then having negative company, I hope you work out your issues with your husband or find yourself a stronger person and find someone who will love, honour and support you the way you should be xoxo

He is staying. I was going through the pre-op package and I have to have someone with me for the first 24hrs.

Oh, and I leave for Toronto bright and early in the morning! I will try to check in here tomorrow evening from the hotel.

I'm so glad he is staying with you, I hope he shows you the kind of compassion and care you deserve, I wish you all the best and feel free to contact me anytime :-)

Just arrived in the hotel room in Toronto! Little more than 12 hours to go now. ACK

Heading out now, omg I am freaking inside!