Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a buddy

Today, I am more stressed. The clinic hasn't received my ECG results yet. They need to review them before surgery is a go. I don't want my June 21st date to change.

Other than that, I am still eating what I'm supposed to. :)

That soreness is a good kind. B)

Did I ask you where in Canada you were?

I'm sure they will get the results in time just think positively it will all come together :-)

Glad to here you are staying on track, this is the hardest part of your journey, think about it this way "you will never be this hungry again after your surgery" your already rocking it :-)

I'm about 45 minutes east of Toronto, still pretty sore from the boxing so I went for a pedicure and a massage, sort of my reward "I deserve it" :-)

I emailed my contact again this morning, so I hope she has news.

I really hope I don't have to go hungry :lol: , there is nothing more frustrating and counter-productive to our weight loss efforts than feeling starved. loI

I am still having some doubts and fear of failure..or getting halfway to my goal and not all the way. I try to squash those thoughts.

Ok, I am near Ottawa. Oh I bet the massage was great! Have a a great day!

You will do great, I can't say you will never fall off the wagon or hit a few bumps in the road because that would be a lie, it is how you deal with the situations that arise that will make you reach your goals, the main quote that should be in your head is "never give up" your worth it, always remember why you are doing this, your health is #1, people like me who did it a lot younger did it to be skinny and that's why we end up starting over, we did it for the wrong reason and learn to eat around the band, now I have a 2 year old and want to see him grow up, graduate, get married and have babies, I want to be healthy, make everyday healthier then the day before, that's my goal.

Very inspiring! Thank you.

You can do it, you will do it! I can hear your determination in your posts.

How are you today? I was at an all day workshop and there were lots of goodies, but I am happy to say I stuck to my pre-op.

I'm happy you got your test results and your surgery date is secure, I was away for a few days for my husbands work, I had one bad food and alcohol day but right back on track the next day, I'm glad you stuck to your pre-op diet at your meeting, how are you doing today?

Hi, I am doing ok. A little more anxious now that it is so close. Second thoughts, then excited all in the same hour..lol

Feeling a little weak, but I have been cleaning, cooking and organizing like mad so I will have nothing to stress me out. :lol:

I just read a thread about what people can't eat since banding. Kinda scared me that there may be something I can never enjoy again.

How are you?

You will learn to adjust your lifestyle to the band, personally there is nothing I can't eat,now I just choose not to, I just now am realizing that greasy food gives me serious gas lol, complex carbs make me feel bloated and also get stuck frequently but when there is a will there is a way, so now I just choose to not eat it, you should also eat all the Protein on your plate first, then your veggies (half your plate) and last eat your starch, the protein and veggies should fill you up and you should not be able to finish your starch :-)

I am doing well today, eating good and relaxing after a busy weekend, I think I may go to the cottage for a few days with my son to get away from it all and enjoy the nature :-)

You are going to do great :-)

No more second thoughts the band rocks, remember pre-op is the hardest part in my opinion :-)

Thanks for your words of encouragement! It really helps. After I was freaked out a bit, I read a really inspiring post. I may need to be more careful what I read before I leave. After all is said and done, I just want to feel like a normal person! lol

I was worried about never eating a salad again, also going to a restaurant with people who do not know...can they tell by the way I am eating. Silly things. My mind is acting up now that it is 3 days away! :blink:

I am keeping really busy this week, so it helps. I have cleaned the entire house, I work too, and made a big pot of Soup and chili to blend and freeze. I think I am pretty prepared. All I have left to do is the bed sheets and pack! I have done all the shopping and stocked up for each phase.

I live in the country so if I need something, it's not a quick trip to the store.

Thursday night is going to be the worst. Being in a hotel room I never sleep well, and surgery bright and early the next day. I am going to see if I am allowed to take a sleep aide.

So, how are you doing this week? :D

If you go out for dinner, avoid bread (it gets stuck easily) also if anyone comments on the amount you eat lie and tell them you had a big lunch and are not that hungry :-) people are usually oblivious when it doesn't concern them lol

Biggest rule of eating is eat slow and chew well and always have a glass of Water near by just in case something does get stuck, I was told recently by my band coach that the rules have slightly changed in regards to drinking while eating, it is ok to sip on small amounts of water between bites but never when there is food in your mouth, I'm sure other people will tell you differently but we were all banded in different places with different rules.

I'm doing well today still on track, I have lost 6lbs since last Tuesday "yippie" I'm so excited about that, also I just got my boating licence so I am also pretty excited about that :-)

I haven't made it to the cottage yet but hopefully on Thursday I will make it up, hang in there you are doing great, any questions always feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my knowledge :-)

Congrats on 6lbs!! That's awesome! For your boat license too. Fun!

My husband told me he may be away at the cottage when I get back. My mother can stay with me if I think I need someone.

I appreciate all of your input. Thank you.