Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I was banded 2 and a half weeks ago. I am on soft food for another 5 days. I weighed myself today and realize I only have lost 5 lbs. I know this phase is for healing and not weight loss. However I can't help but thinking if I have been barely eating anything but protien shakes and cream of wheat for the past 2 weeks and I've only lost 5 lbs what is going to happen when I start eating? How am I going to lose? Also I am starving the past few days. I am sticking to half a cup at time but I feel like I could eat 3 cups

I gained for two or three months after surgery. Give your body time to heal. Once you are able to tolerate having fills, you will find that you will be less hungry as the band is adjusted to your green zone. Just follow the NUT's guidelines for Protein and portion sizes once you are off soft foods.

just having WLS wont make one automatically lose weight...although on some of the others you can and you can on this one....but one must eat better foods and YOU so early out yet...please let your insides heal.....and continue on your doctors post op diet..you will lose if you adhere to that and eat good foods......to gain weight, one must eat more calories than they burn off....i am sure you are not doing that at this point..in my case since i dont own a scale, let me say that if you are losing inches, you are losing weight....YOU lost weight...i see no reason to be discouraged....need to get that attitude thinking good thoughts......or it could harbor you in the

future........day by day....do what you can and do the best you can.......and so what if you lose slow.....you didnt gain it all over night..

hang in there.

The average weight loss with the band is 1-2 pounds per week. You've exceeded that average. How can that possibly be disappointing?

You have to have realistic expectations of both yourself and your band.

Best wishes.

I had surgery a month ago, first week dropped 11 pounds! But, in the next 2 1/2 weeks I gained a pound! I was discouraged, annoyed, frustrated. BUT, I continued what I was doing, tracking my foods, exercising 6 days a week (walking 1-3 miles a day). By the end of the fourth week I dropped 5 pounds!

Bottom line is, you already know what's going on. Your body is healing, take it easy! I know the feeling, I wish I wouldn't have stressed over it as much as I had. Track your foods, walk (or whatever you are cleared to do) and the scale will catch up with your hard work!! Good luck!!

My dietitian explained too few calories will stop weight loss. As soon as you are back on solid food you will take in more calories and the weight loss should start up again. 5 pounds in 2.5 weeks aint bad baby. Walking helps a lot too. I am not a gym rat. I think "gym" is just a four letter word short one letter. It gets better. 4 months post op and have lost 40 pounds. 16 before surgery and 40 after so total lost 56. Get second fill in 2 days. Good luck and keep up the spirits.

Thank you all. The pep talks are just what I needed. Keep up all of your good work also and best wishes