Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I look forward to weekends but this is my weak spot. My head hunger goes into overdrive and I want to eat everything in sight and I'm not even hungry. I've been fighting it and staying within my daily calories but man o man what a struggle. I'm so glad when it's bedtime so I don't have to think about food.< /p>

I feel your pain! I'm 2 weeks post op and my period showed up in week 2. I must confess there were a few poor choices made. But tmrw is a new day and a new start :)

Same here ladies. I'm 6 days post op. had to smell pizza today which I love. It was hard, I'm just so afraid of getting sick so not sure but I drank a cup of chicken broth last night and felt crazy bloated. Scared me off food , lol. Plus once I eat some ... The flood gates open so trying hard not to give in. But it's hard when u hang with friends or family... Everyone's eating... And now people are acting wierd like they feel bad eating around u right? Lol. Good luck ladies. We can do this. Day by day

Good! I wish people would stop worshiping food around me! Lol. Totally kidding, but you wouldn't invite an alcoholic who just started rehab to a bar, right?

Anywho, weekends are the devil for me too, especially in the evening. I try to compensate by being an angel mon- fri, exercising HARD Saturday, and never giving myself permission that its an off day. I really need to work on it though. It's a bad mental place to feel like I've lost control.

Weekends are hard for me too but I just keep busy!! I've found that losing a little weight has made me feel better about myself and I actually WANT to go places and do things. When I get the munchies I drink Water or juice and it normally subsides.

Yes, the scale moving down really helps to keep me in control. But there are those moments where the devil says "oh what the hell" but then the angel says "no! Hold out, you can do it"!

Made it through my first weekend on mushy foods. We went out of town to visit family, and the hotel we stayed in gave us complimentary lunch buffet vouchers for messing up our reservation. At first I was hoping it would be "brunch" so I could have some eggs or grits (we were in Louisiana), but no such luck. I had a scoop of soft California veggie mix and a piece of baked tilapia. Then, I thought I could taste the cornbread dressing. That was the straw that broke the camels back :( Experienced my first feeling of "stuck" food and tried to not panic. Afterwards, I had pain in my back (I think it was gas). How do you manage eating in mixed company ( in front of people who don't know you've had surgery)?

I just had a band placed over bypass so I have limited experience with the band, but plenty with WLS. No one knew I had surgery. The first two months were very hard to eat out with people because I couldn't really eat. I imagine the band will be similar until you have a good idea of what your safe foods are. Then, I just are small portions with no comment. If someone commented I'd tell them I was on a diet or I eat smaller portions more frequently, rather than large meals.