Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GRRRR just blowin' off steam

:D Ok, I just need to let off some steam. :frusty: My past two weeks have been pretty crappy. It's 17 days from the end of the school year and the kids are going crazy. I teach in an inner city school, so some of the issues get really bad because they are used to solving their problems with yelling and fights. :boxing: :confused:

I've pretty much come out of the band closet with most of my co-workers. If they ask questions, I answer. Because of this, two of them are looking into the band and one other is seriously considering it. This has been pretty much the only highlight of these two weeks.

One person, our retired nurse's assistant, gave me her opinion of how much weight I should lose. :omg: HUH?!? She asked me what size did I want to be and I answered her a 10-12. She then proceeded to tell me that because I've been heavy for so long that I couldn't possibly get down to that size and besides, I would just look anorexic. :confused: Excuse me????? My mother is that size and I'm the spitting image of my mother, so I know that size will be great for me.

I had a UIL contest with two teams of students and we've been practicing for 3 months. The Friday before the Monday contest, one team member gets suspended and one flakes out on me. The rest of the team performed crappy in the contest. I have no idea what they've been doing at home, but obviously nothing. :huggie:

Since the contest was yesterday and we started giving a standardized test today, we naturally had a faculty meeting that discussed important information,which I missed. Seems that our principal has taken a new job:pout: (which is great for her) but we all really like her. She's one of the reasons I've stayed at this school for six years even though it's quite a long commute for me. :phanvan

Nobody likes our Asst. Principal and the word is that she has thrown his name into the pool to go to a middle school. Pray that happens. If he stays at this school, I might have to quit my job and find some other way to support myself. :pray:

And to top it all off, I've been having slight port pain since the weekend and my period should start any minute. Of course since I'm not getting my first fill for another two weeks I'm naturally getting HUNGRY. :hungry: In the past my favorite way to calm my nerves when this much crap was going on was to eat, but I'm not doing that this time, so that's a good thing. :D

Most of the stuff going on, I'm used to, because we never really know what's going to happen at the end of a school year, but when you throw pain and other peoples opinions into the mix, it has driven me NUTS. I did tell my mother what the person said about looking anorexic if I dropped below a size 14, and she just laughed. There's not a snowballs chance in hell that I would look that way. I just hate that some people feel they need to tell me things like that. :D

Ok, I feel much better now. Rant off. Time to go take a shower and let the hot Water do it's thing. Might even get the urge to curl my hair for work tomorrow. :grouphug:

Thanks for listening!

Audra

Wow, Audra! What a week you've been having! I hope today's going better for you!!

(( Hugs!! ))

hey Audra,

I know how teaching can be and I know how all the interoffice politics can be as well.. its frustrating and difficult some times, but schools always need teachers, if you have to u can switch schools.

As for that nurse, every one else thinks they know best for every one else...my grandmother's favorite quote....consider the source and ignore it!

As for the rest, my period started the day before my operation and continued the entire 1st week of recuperation.....THAT was difficult!

I hope the shower helped. I hope you curled your hair for work. And I hope today is going better than the last two weeks. I think this comes in waves ya know? It seems that many of us here at LBT are having a rough week (or two). Hang in there everyone. This too shall pass...

...and then some other damn thing will come along!

Told ya I was in a bitchy mood. *evil snicker*

The nursing assistant is ignorant and when you ARE in a 10-12, she'll eat her words. What's really impressive is that, despite all the negatives going on in your life right now, you are NOT comforting yourself with food. BRAVO!!!

I don't mean to hijack the thread...but is that a new avatar pic P-nut? You look years younger!!!!!

Kat

Ok, today has been a bit better. My period started and that was a big relief. For some reason, I get all tense and crazy waiting for it to start, and I've always been that way.

Most of our faculty is staying put for next year and most are ready for the asst. principal to jump off a cliff. He's hoping he gets to stay on our campus and then he'll be able to influence the new principal into doing things "his" way. HA! I would see about transfering jobs, but I teach music and these jobs don't always open up. I could move into the regular classroom, but I think that will cause more stress in the long run. Since I'm working on my Master's, I would hate to have to learn a new curriculum at the same time. It's much easier to keep with what I'm doing and if I'm lucky, I won't be doing it too much longer. I'm hoping to move out of the classroom once I finish the Master's.

K@t, my period started the day after my surgery, so I know exactly what you are talking about. Not fun.

Pnut, I did get my shower, curled my hair, and had a much better day. And you are right, just when this all passes, some other damn thing will come along.

Well, we are down to 16 days and I get to miss one of them for my first fill. YEA!!!!! And it's a Monday to boot! I really hate Monday's at school. The kids have had all weekend to go nuts and they tend to bring their family problems to school with them.

Oh, I'm also ignoring what the nurse's asst. said to me. It just sat wrong with me for a few days. Mostly I couldn't believe that in one breath she was happy that I had surgery and then telling me that I wouldn't get very far with it. WTF? Some people really amaze me.

Whew! I'm feeling better with every word I type.

Audra