Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There is off the rails then me :-/

Help! I have fallen off the wagon & need a leg up back on. I have been bad and need a full on plan to get back on track.

I have been eating around the band, have putting on weight for the last month and it has to stop NOW.

Does anyone have any suggestions to kick start myself back in to correct mindset? I am ready but don't know where to start. :-(.

You seem ready so just do it...just like you would anything else really. Think of all the struggles you've been through and re-tell yourself you did not alter your anatomy for nothing...you did not suffer for nothing...that you are worth it and will not let this beat you and that you are so worth it. Restart of the Protein to help with the hunger and restart measuring your portions maybe...not sure how to restart something like that but you can re-start your brain. If you are eating because of emotional issues, then you might want to address those issues straight on first. You did it once, you can certainly do it again. Keep the faith. ;)

Carole hit it right on. The only thing I would add, is that it might be helpful for you to see the nutritionist at your doctor's office. He/she can help you chart a course to get back in the saddle (so to speak). But as far as your mindset......that has to come 100% from you. But you've done it before, and you can do it again. Hopefully, before anymore weight comes back on. Just remember ALL that time and effort you put into this, and imagine having to go through it again. I know that is easier said than done, but I would hate to see you climb to a high place, where the road back is long and arduous. Believe me, I've been there.....I think we ALL have :(

Great advice! Good luck :)

Have you asked yourself why you are eating around the band? I think many times bandsters think weight loss is all about diet and exercise and forget the mental part of weight loss. I think all bandsters should also seek therapy while losing weight to figure out why they put the weight on in the first place. I know many of us like to say that we have this or that physical condition but I think we say that many times to downplay the mental and emotional aspect that food plays in our lives. Find out why you overeat and try to combat that and you'll have an easier time with the diet in exercise in my opinion. Good luck!

A trip to the doc was the start back for me. He gave me a small fill - enough that I do feel restriction again, but not enough that I can't defeat it if I really want to - so the ball is still in my court. It's up to me.

When I went in, I made a confession of the bad habits I had developed/resumed and, looking him dead in the eye, took responsibility. He wants me to come in monthly for a while for accountability and monitoring. Although it hasn't made me immediately want to follow the rules, I do much better with external controls. The thought of going back in next month with no progress and having made no real changes is enough to keep me on track for now. I'll start with that.

Shelly