Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on the 20th of May. I really want to get in the pool tomorrow and just float around. That's 12 days post op. think that's ok??

I'm not sure, best bet is to call your doctor and ask the nurse. Congratulations on your weight loss so far, that is awesome, would like to friend you but not sure how yet..lol :rolleyes:

I have to wait three weeks before I can be submerged in Water, I think it has something to do with infection. The best thing is to ask your Doc.

~~~Stephanie

You don't want to fill up with pool Water through your incisions :) (Courtesy of my then-11-year-old daughter after my surgery one year before yours)

I agree with daddyof4, it is too soon to get into the Water, if your stitches have not healed. I was told not even a bath until stitches heal. Hang in there!

I was banded on the 20th of May. I really want to get in the pool tomorrow and just float around. That's 12 days post op. think that's ok??

I was told 6 weeks before I get in my own pool 8 for a public pool

yes, call your Dr. My Dr said that the incisions have to be completely healed and I don't think 12 days in long enough. You really don't want to get infected.

I'd call your doc. Mine is 14 days post-op. I went swimming yesterday but I'm 4 weeks post op Monday. Your doc could be different though, he could be 2-4-6-8 weeks, it's just hard to tell! Good luck!!

Thanks guys! I made it through the BBQ and everybody was nice enough to not swim because of me. I have a wonderful family. It was still tough to watch everyone eat ribs and drink beer while I ate my 1/2 cup of egg salad puréed. I held strong though.

That's awesome! Good thing you didn't swim. Idk what your doctor's opinion is, but mine told me that I could swim in my own pool in 4 weeks but anything public has to wait until 6 weeks post-op, which is a bummer since I'm being banded right in the middle of the summer! But she said if any bacteria gets in there it goes right for the silicone in the band and can destroy the whole thing, so I'm not going to risk it!

According to me that swimming is a cardio exercise work for keep fitness of the body.It is the best source for keep fitness of the body and muscles.I like the the swimming work for reduce the stress and extra body weight....

When your Dr gives you the OK for swimming I hope you'll like it as much as I do ! I started taking a hardworking Water fitness class after i was banded and oh boy, what a workout !There are all shapes and sizes in the class, so I didn't care what others thought about me. Its very easy on my joints but you're definetly working out ! It helped me drop 50 lbs in the first 7 months and I continue to go 3x a week, down 64 lbs total , 20 more to go ! Hopefully you'll love it too !