Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having the same problem, it tells me that I can't have more than 6 lines and 500 characters in my signature. I can't update what I already have without deleting part of it....

The sig restriction is actually a good thing. It keeps viewers from having to bypass too much space. Think of some of the sigs we've seen where you have to literally scroll the page just to get past it. :girl_hug:

If you want to keep the info you have currently, try deleting out some of the blank lines. I *think* an empty line still counts as a line, since it's looking at "space" lines and not "content" lines (that's my non-techie explanation).

Or try consolidating multiple lines of text on one line, perhaps with a ~ or / or * to delineate.

ok, i can definitely see this as a good thing now ... i just viewed a signature that was at least 10 lines long and detailed every fill / unfill that they had - how much of a cc was in there, etc ...

6 lines is a good thing...

I’m a details girl. Personally, I like seeing the progress everyone's made in the signatures. :rolleyes: I had all sorts of questions when 1ST starting this process that were so basic…many sigs addressed them! And it tells “your story” without having to go into it every time! But that’s just me. (I'm also fond of emoticons.:cheeky)

My original signature fit the parameters – if I removed some of my “challenge” info. I did not want to do that. So I got creative – and a bit carried away. :becky: I’m not actually all that happy with the end results (contains more info than ever before & is now too busy for my taste), but it will do for now.

Here is how I’ve attempted to “get around” the new signature requirements:

I used an art program (msPaint, Adobe Photoshop, etc) to create a 500 x 100 signature image, made in the transparent setting. To that “.gif” I include all my information that doesn’t change much. I then uploaded it using the “Upload Signature Picture” feature below the signature editor itself. This image counts as one of your 6 lines, but only 17 of the 500 characters. Just fill in the other lines with stuff that is updated frequently (i.e. ticker, challenge data, any URL links so they remain clickable). Now your sig doesn’t take up more space than it ought to, but it can still contain all the information you want to share!

HTH :laugh

**shrug** i dunno. i guess i just dont see the point of all the details of each fill ... especially the ??? ??? ??? ones ...

but that's just me.

It would be nice to understand what the correct size is? For example, how many 'lines' does a ticker count as? I've tried taking out the fills and scrunching the other information but still can't get it past the error. Can anyone help with that? Also my 'session' doesn't stay logged in. I can go to a thread and I've been booted out. Anyone else having that issue or tips on what to do? The 'Remember Me' check box seems useless as it's never seemed to work. Where is the technical support for this site?

It would be nice to understand what the correct size is? For example, how many 'lines' does a ticker count as? I've tried taking out the fills and scrunching the other information but still can't get it past the error. Can anyone help with that? Also my 'session' doesn't stay logged in. I can go to a thread and I've been booted out. Anyone else having that issue or tips on what to do? The 'Remember Me' check box seems useless as it's never seemed to work. Where is the technical support for this site?

Carol,

your line numbers are listed below. can you maybe combine lines? 2&3 maybe. delete line 5, 8-10 (blank). combine 6&7? that might work..

1 Carol

2 Banded 01/23/07

3 Dr. Carcamo

4 H326/S309 /C281/G165

6 First fill 1.5 cc 2/20/07

7 Second fill 3/20/07

11weight.png

**shrug** i dunno. i guess i just dont see the point of all the details of each fill ... especially the ??? ??? ??? ones ...

but that's just me.

Heh! Yeah, well I was feeling a tad pessimistic about ever getting any restriction when I made the graphic! :heh: I wanted to see how many would fit. :thumbs_up: And it didn’t look nearly as busy all alone as it does in the complete signature! But it was late & I just haven’t gotten around to reworking the graphic part. :becky: (I know what I’ll be doing in a few minutes, eh?! :rolleyes:)

Why post fills at all..? Well, to use an analogy...all kids are different, but parents still tend to compare ‘milestones’ (how big was Jane at 18-mo vs. how big John is at 18-mo; when did Billy cut his 1ST tooth…). It’s the same sort of thing, I guess. :guess Apples & oranges because we’re all going to react differently to this whole thing, but it’s A) comforting to see that your not the only one who’s hasn’t got “sweet spot” restriction with 8.5 cc in a 10cc band, or :D reassuring that you’ve got restriction already with only 1.5 cc in a 4cc band. That’s what these boards are great for – sharing information & knowing we’re not alone on this journey.

Plus, the detailed sigs let ya glean info without asking questions that seem intrusive or unimportant in the bigger picture. I’ve had all sorts of PMs about self-paying, which was something I hesitated to put in my sig at all. I like to think it’s actually been useful rather than TMI. But I’ll certainly concede that info’s only helpful if you’re looking for it! :D And I agree that scrolling through empty space in sig that goes on & on does seem pointless. I'm also not above turning off my sig in a volley of opinion (such as this) -- how many times does it need to be seen?

To each his own!

Suzanne

I've never had issues with timing out -- and I never have to log in either. Sorry...

As for your ticker -- the 500-character limit includes things like the code for your font style, size, color, etc. And the shade of purple you’re using is one of the longer color names to select. By clicking the A/A button in the upper right of the sig.editor box, you can switch to the mode that lets you see the BBCode info. Rather than alternating colors (each switch requiring a separate entry of BBCode), you might try just switching from regular to bold for H#/S#/C#/G# (which have shorter codes than the colors). Or try choosing colors with shorter BBCode names.

How's that for tech-speak, eh? :rolleyes: HTH :gluck:

Suzanne

:rockon: You all rock! Thanks everyone for the instructions! Obviously it was a training issue. I'll make sure and point people in this direction if I see any postings for the same problem.

As for the logon issue, I think I'll chalk that up to my POCC (peice of crap computer in English...lol) Someday I'll get a new one. ;)

Thanks again! :peace:

Im having troble I want to update my sig, but if i add a line it wont allow me , I even took out lines and had less then Ten, took off all grafics and still nothing..

any advice?