Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating too much

I have had 3 fills. After the last one, I notice a little restriction, but I am not losing. I think I am eating too much and i dont have to take small bites or chew alot. I feel pretty much like I did before surgery. When I get to the "green zone" will I be forced to chew more, take longer, therefore eat less?

Mommy- even tho you don't have to- take smaller bites and chew chew chew anyway. it will take longer and your brain needs time to know you are satisfied. Measure your food and put the rest away. Journal as well not only to keep you accountable but to know what is satisfying you.

Wendy

You'll have to be careful about chewing and bite size but the band isn't meant to physically stop you from eating. The band is meant to keep you satisfied on much less food for much longer periods of time but you can definitely find ways to over eat. This is why it's so important to measure your portions so you don't accidentally over eat.

I eat too fast. My husband tells me all the time. I eat much slower than I use to. I do find that if I don't chew chew chew, it gets stuck and I hate that feeling. Some bad habits are so hard to break, but I am trying real hard.

I have had 3 fills, next one is Friday and each time the doctor does about 1/2 cc. I don't think I have ever been in the 'green zone'.

I suggest counting calories and most importantly, your Protein intake. For me, increasing protein and limiting calories did the trick. I try for 80 to 90 grams of protein a day, and under 1000 calories. You have to find the sweet spot where you are burning more calories than you are taking in. Proteins, at least in my case, seem to help limit the hunger urges between meals. I remember my NUT was really pushing the need for ample protein intake during our meetings.

The short answer is that there's a nerve, the vagus nerve, that winds through your stomach and once you get to the green zone, the movement of your esophogus and pouch massaging food to your stomach affects this nerve giving you the feeling that you've eaten enough. This can be the hard part of your journey. Recognizing the difference between feeling satisfied and feeling full can be difficult for so many. Good luck and look for that satisfied feeling.

tmf

Eating slower makes me eat less, and I do get tired of chewing and chewing so I just stop eating bc I dont feel like doing all of the work to get the food down (enter slider foods bc they are easy to eat - STAY AWAY FROM THEM).

I have to know that after I eat about 1 cup of food I feel full in my chest, NOT my stomach. and I still feel hungry in my stomach ... but I know that in order to lose weight being hungry isnt the worst thing int he world. My stomach is growling forcfully as I type this and has been for at least an hour, but I know that I don't need to eat anything until lunch time ... and i TRY not to snack between meals unless its fruit or something. I drink between meals to try and keep me full but I still have the feeling of hunger and basically I'm just forcing myself to deal with it. My band is pretty full (hence I get the full feeling in my chest after 1 cup of food) so I dont think I need a fill, I just need to be tough and make healthy eating and losing weight a priority .... its a hard struggle for some of us. Just hang in there and follow your doc and NUT orders.

Don't eat too much. Always eat little but nutritional.

Over eating can cause various health complication specially it increases the weight, leads to obesity, and causes the serious stomach problems.

Don't skip meal, eat at least 3 time a day but eat little.