Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Btw, my church has a "coffee house" about twice a year. Its great fun, it is next saturday night if anyone is interested in attending. There is usually at least two bands, some poetry reading, sometimes a stand up comedian and some artist showing off their work. Admission is a donation ($5.00 recomendation) and refreshments including beer and wine are sold. Its casual and alot of fun, Kristen and I will be going if anyone else wants to come.

Our church had their annual Mother/Daughter luncheon on Saturday; that was nice.

After church yesterday, Alyssa and I went to lunch and shopping. I bought her clothes for Mother's Day. :) She and her husband have only been in their house since the end of Feb., and are getting a taste of penny pinching. She's not dealing with it so great; so I spent the afternoon trying to encourage her; reminding her that it's temporary and will get better over time.

Guess I'm doing self impossed liquids tomorrow. I've abused my band today. I tried to eat a bananna and got stuck....that was about 1 pm. Tonight I tried to eat sushi...why because it was there. And I got stuck...I'm not stuck now...pb'd...but kinda still feel yucky so sitting up a bit before I try to go to bed again. I was thinking maybe some hot tea? Sigh. I don't think I'm too tight, just plain not paying attention to how big a bite or how fast I eat. I've gotten stuck about 5 times over the last few days...so need to do the liquids.

Hey Melissa - You are right your not to tight you are like me - CHEW CHEW CHEW...that is my biggest problem. I have found when I actually sit down and put my fork down after each bite I chew better. Watch yourself....I have been to tight and you can't keep anything down. NOTHING..it was horrible. So I agree just watch what you are eating and eat slower. That is advice I am having to take for myself....it's hard old habits still haunt us. I have also found the slower I eat the fuller I get on less. Weird but it's working. :) Hang in there girl...get those liquids down today and try again tomorrow. Hot tea yes will help open you up a little.

Feeling like a toad :pout: , I tried 30 minutes on a recumbent bike yesterday. The exercise itself wasn't too painful, but the pain I've been in since just wasn't worth it!

Brain child that I am, I think I should refrain from any further exercise until I can walk again without pain. :) Now that I've set the pinched nerve back two weeks, I think physical therapy is inevitable before surgery. :cry

OK folks, I'm getting more excited with every passing day! I'm less than a week from fluids and just over two weeks away from my band! :clap2:

With that repeated for the ump-teenth time (how many is ump-teen anyway? :)), it's entirely too quiet around here! :D

Where is everyone? Please come out and play with me! :bump2:

Well Karen I am here I just can't seem to make but @ night. I am SO busy at work which is a good thing.

I am talking up LBT to patients @ work. I figure the bigger the group the better our meetings will be. :) I am meeting some wonderful people.

I am so ready to see everyone saturday!!!!

What time is the lunch on Saturday? My girls are having their last soccer game at 10 and it lasts an hour. So if its at 11:30 I should be able to make it? Let me know.

Angie

Did liquids and crackers today (don't ask) and did fine, actually had Pasta and chicken for dinner with NO problems. I did have hot tea about 15 minutes before eatting today. Think that will hurt if I make that a ritual for awhile? It made things easier. I think I still have nori stuck in my sinuses though...it was bad last night.

Karen I'm going to bring you samples of my most favorite Protein powders on Saturday so you can give them a try.

I'm thinking of going back to school.....hey I need to be able to bring in a decent income in 4 years....gotta send the kid to college ya know.

Ugh, I hate the few days before Saturday LBT get-togethers. Hubby always has his work week planned, knows how busy it is, what he'll be doing on Sat, etc and MY lunch gets back-burnered EVERY time and I sweat it, not knowing FOR SURE that it will work out for me to come. Okay, I'm whining, but STILL!!!!!! So every time I carve it out and I'm able to make it so I won't panic and cancel. I'm willing to bring Rachel if needed, but I won't bring that crazy 3yo Tyler! He's fine in restaurants, but it's no fun for me when I'm distracted from him...you all know how it is! I may need to enlist some help from my sister but I'll git 'er done somehow!

Pray for hubby, he's overwhelmed, has a spec house listed with work on hold while he's in the middle of an addition, and HAS to get started on a third remodel job by Wed next week. SIGH. 3 jobs going at once. Bless his heart. He works so hard. If/when he gets past all of this he has one more addition scheduled to start in June/July and he will be ready to concentrate on opening a granite shop in Mooresville. Yep. Granite. Big long story but it's all coming together and we are excited about having a family business. Great Scott!!!!!!!!!!

Can I just whine some more? Rachel is sick. I don't know what she's got but it includes a fever (low grade) sore throat and cough with chest congestion. I kept her home from school last Thurs and today. She's going tomorrow unless her fever is back in the morning. I want her home! But she'll be so behind if she doesn't go and there really is no reason for her NOT to go...she's not herself but all she does here is play inside and watch the dumb ole TV. I made her take a nap but she can do that after school. Being a Mom is tough. My kids usually aren't sick so I guess I just hate second-guessing myself and being in limbo about whether or not to keep her home. Just 2 1/2 weeks of school left! Can't she just NOT be sick?!!!! Argh.

What else. OH! Just kidding. Thanks for the shoulder gang. It was good to type all that out. I'll perk up, promise!!!! LOL

Kathy if it makes you feel better about keeping her home, I think most work and learning has come to a roaring stop. Kristen comes home daily telling me how such and such class got dispersed (thats probally spelled wrong). Yesterday she had a whopping total of two classes all day that actually had work and teachers and EVERYTHING. LOL Karah spent the day yestrday going and buying books from the book fair, eating lunch, snack, playing on the playground, and going to a in school play. Yep education at it best. I think the teachers have spring fever too. Just be sure she doesn't miss any of those End of grade testing thats going on in the next week or so. I hope she feels better.

Congrats on the family biz that is huge!

Yes, Melissa! Now is the time of year for all the fun stuff! Tomorrow is a Fun Day at a local church. All day they will be playing, doing crafts, eating outside in the picnic area...fun fun fun! I hate for her to miss class and then go to fun day! Her fever was non-existant this morning so she's off to school. Her cough is still yucky though. I'm pretty sure 1st grade doesnt' do any EOG testing. The upper grades at her school had them this week. She does have an Animal Habitat Assessment today but missed the in-class review yesterday, but I think she'll do fine. Forest, Pond, Underground, Desert. How hard can that be?! LOL

I love this time of year for school. It's the stuff that makes school memorable! Yep, education is at a roaring STOP! I'm ready for summer!

Oh to be a kid again! I can't speak for anyone else, but I miss it!