Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kathy, Happy Bandiversary!

Melissa, hang in there! You seem to know what you need to change? You can do it!

Angie, God Bless you! Albeit hard, your approach is best for the children.

Kim, you're working too hard :confused:

Everyone else, you're being awfully quiet out there!

I went back to my PCP over the pinched nerve. After 16 days of NSAIDS, we've now moved on to steroids. He too was disappointed at the insurance denial. I'm hoping it's standard procedure and the appeals letter takes care of it? I should know in a couple more weeks.

Hi Ladies -

I cannot beleive it's may already. Five months have past in 2006 already.

I'm down 50lbs already. I think it's great and I don't regret for a day that I had this surgery. Eating becomes limited, fortunetly I don't suffer from things getting stuck when I eat, that would freak me out.

However, I did want to point out, my body is so different now. I'm letting my body lead me. I am learning the queues when I'm hungry, thirsty (which seems like all the time), and tired. I am sleeping better and pretty much doing well.

I'm looking forward to a positive new life. I am celebrating a birthday next week and I'm pretty excited for a change.

I love my new life, now the hardest part is over.

Greetings Earthlings!

May is going to be a slamming month for me.

This week, my husband is going to volunteer at the golf thing. Leaving me with from Thurs to Sun to figure out what my daughter and I will be doing alone. Are there any good kids movies coming out?

Then, next weekend, hubby is going to (OF ALL THE DARN PLACES!) Disney World for some kind of computer business conference.

And he gets to ride the new rollercoaster there. :grouphug:

I've started new projects at work.

I have my final (hopefully) shrink evaluation tomorrow.

And I have to find time to do some scrapbooking.

Phew.

Happy May,

I haven't been on much running around to much lately.

Had my fill yesterday, I'm not at 1.3cc. And my 1 cc was still in there yay it's working!!! liquids today and yesterday, alothough I did have a few bites of a quiche shh don't tell the doc Kim.... So far so good. I'm about to make another shake and then shake my body outahere!

My cars transmission died on Sunday. It's been lovely.

Have a blessed day.

di

Note to self: unflavored Protein Powder is NOT unflavored and tastes like butt if you mix it with Water and a raspberry ice Crystal Light "on the go" pack.

Now were is that barfy face icon??

:faint:

Wavy I should come over and we can have a Protein Shake making party...lol. I have a couple different ones we could make and try to see if you like. I like the cappachino flavored eas drinks that are pre made.....They are kinda pricey though....shhh don't tell Paul. But cheaper than starbucks....though not as good as starbucks.

Karen you are right...I am working to hard. :eek: Tell Dr. V I need help, I am drownding (sp) No really it's busy but I love it. I love knowing that every minute of every day that I am there I am working on someone to a healthier life. (Well except for the ones that are denied. :) )

I like Wavy better. haha...Ok it is nice to know your real name..but I might still call you wavy when I meet you. ;)

Ok I bought my Carowinds season passes today...so I am ready whenever everyone else is.

We are having a partylite party saturday @ 2 if anyone wants to join in. It's in Huntersville @ my MIL's house. Please feel free to come...let me know if you can come and want directions.

Kathy I wanted to ask...why do you want to go to Mexico and get the endo done? I know I can get you a name of a dr hear to do it. Insurance will cover it. Just curious...I will also ask Dr. V about a plastic surgeon...that is info I will want also not in the near future though, still have alot more to loss..

Ok off to getting the little one to bed. I have to get ready for tomorrow..I have a 4 day weekend this weekend I am off Fri - Mon YEAH...

Happy Friday everyone! Special thanks to Kim, who let me cry on her shoulder yesterday!

Between awaiting a verdict on my appeal, work being crazy, and fighting chronic pain with this pinched nerve, I haven't been coping very well lately. I've been doing a ton of emotional eating, and being on steroids, I'm grateful I haven't gained any weight!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Karen, I am waiting and waiting for the thread by you titled "I'm approved!!!" and to see the hope back in you. sigh. I haven't lost steam, so you can't either!!!

Kim, Endo's at Dr Kuri's are $250 (about) plus the airfare that I think I can get for another $250, plus another $100 for whatever, so $600 buckeroos in MX, or $2500 plus? for one here...my health insurance is 100% coverage with no co-pay for well-care. Everything else has a $5000 deductible, including medications, anything health-related (it's an HSA) so I'd have to meet the $5000 deductible first or it's out-of-pocket. The HSA is only for emergencies and "big" stuff. My costs in MX can go toward the deductible if needed (I'm pretty sure) so MX is my first stop. I'm super comfortable with Dr Kuri doing an endo. But, I won't go to MX for plastic surgery. Too much recovery, too much risk for infection and problems, drains, etc so I'm staying close to home for that.

Wavy, we know your "real" name isn't really Jill. It's Rhonda, or Leslie, or something, but that's okay. We'll pretend it's Jill for you, since it makes you feel better. But don't flinch when we still call you Wavy. I still call Starr, er, Starr, even though her real name is...hmmm, I forgot! LOL

Melissa, you know what I had last weekend? A Starbucks Grande Mocha Frap. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those things are pure evil. It could get waaaay addicting! I have avoided one since...so far!

Jen, I can't wait to see you. Are you coming to lunch on the 20th? You really need to. I wanna see!!!!!!!!!

Dianne, my transmission on my old red van is dying. I need to call this morning to see about fixing it. I hate to dump money in it, but if it can give me another 50 thousand miles...in addition to the 218 thousand I have on it already...okay, okay, I'm pushing it, huh? I need to go used van shopping. Are you having your repaired?

Okay girls. Where's everyone else? Happy May. And thanks for the Bandiversary congrats, but switch gears, cuz my birthday is next week (May 9) so I want my own whole birthday thread with happy birthdays from everyone, okay?!! Kidding! You can post a happy birthday here and I'll be happy! LOL I love you guys!

I forgot to tell all of you that the other day when I got my fill. Dr.V was telling me how FANTASTIC Kim was looking and doing. I am so excited for you Kim, WTG!!! And he was just as excited!!!

Ok I have a tummy ache, whats up with this? I almost feel like my tummy has a bottle of soda in it and is all fuzzy. I have been good with food since the fill. But couldn't sleep.

I had shake in the morning then chicken for lunch that was shreaded and are you ready for this one, 1/2 a cup of Baked Beans with some cheese oh yeah and a ice pop.

Today shake, few bites of chicken salad and PS.

Any suggestions? Am I to tight?

Kathy know what you mean about those starbuck things. I don't generally get frappachinos because I looked up how many calories they have. I get skim lattes when I go...and they can do them iced....so not so bad. But I was addicted to them once...and recenly about 3 weeks ago had a pumpkin spice frap...OH it was heaven in a cup! I just had an iced mocha latte from dunkin donuts today. Since I'm onl liquids only I figured it was okay. Though they could get addictive too.

My engine light is on in my van, and the code says it is the transmission computer. I had the trans checked recently and they said it was rnning fine, but the light came back on. I was told it could be the computer going bad...great! I had two flats this week...was getting parinoid that someone had it in for me. But apparently the first flat might have in advertantly causd the second? The second I damaged the sidewall because Iwas on the interstate when it went and took me a minute to get to the side. So 193.00 later, I hav two new tires.

Diane how much fill do you have now? I'm at 2 cc's but haven't had anything but liquids yet so can't tell you how tight I am. I know I can't guzzle down a whole bottle of Water anymore, I have to pause about every few ounces...so must be pretty tight. And my band makes the funniest noises sometimes now. LOL

Oh and I don't remember who, but someone wanted one of those coffee pod makers...I have another one, it was 9.99 just like mine, cept this one is black. Don't remember who wanted it though...so yell.

Karen, hang in there girl. I'm hoping they will approve you soon. If anyone needs to talk cal me on my cell number. (house phone is all screwed up still....we have vonage, and time warner cable, the cable company says its vonages problem, and vonage says its the cable ....I think we are going to go back to bell south.) Which is too bad because the vonage worked great for months and we loved it.

Kim, I can't find the list of numbers of everyone...which was probally good this week when I was having my meltdown....because I couldn't bug the crap out of everyone....lol Are you still the keeper of the numbers?

Well Kathy that is excatly what I would do. Hey guess what BCBS NC is going to review the band in Aug - they may start covering it. Lets do the happy dance. :eek: Ok let me know when you go...I might want to go and hang out w/ you. I have never been to MX.

Dianne thank you so much. That is so nice of him to say...I never feel like anyone is watching me eat but I have to say I am eating SO much better now that I am there. Can I recommend this to everyone who has the band..work for your surgeon you want fail. :) No really I just decided I had people looking at me now and I needed to be a good bandster. So thanks, I am still having trouble saying Thanks and not "oh no I haven't lost anything". Steffney yells at me for that.

Karen I so enjoyed our lunch - we hadn't done that in so long it was 100% ok that you let stuff out. That is what we are here for.

I went back to Wachovia today and you know I just love my job. Not having to report to corporate anymore. Dr. V is our corporate. :P A real person!!! I love my job...

Ok so I am going yard saleing tomorrow...There are SO many tomorrow that I am going to be on cloud 9. I hope I find some good stuff.

Ok so have a great friday night..we are going out to take a little strole. We are going to get Curtis a bike this weekend. Wish us luck!!!

Oh I didn't forget you Jill - I am going to Walmart this weekend to try a bike for myself.

Hey ya'll.

The last of my blood work results have come in and I was told that I has low vit D.

Anyone else have low D?

On the good news, the last of my blood work is done, and my GP has reviewed it all so that means that he will be sending the packet o' stuff to Dr B. ( i hope he did that today)

I had 567 psych profile.. and that test was soooo insane. But it said that i was as normal as 50% of the rest of the population. Man, the world is messed up.

Jill, I have low D amoung others right now. I have almost a whole bottle of os cal if you want it. My pcp gave it to me when my blood work came back, but mine was like 17 so Dr. Bauman put me on 50000 unit bitamin d pill that I'm taking twice a week right now. The aocal has 200 iu of d and 500mg of c per pill, pcp told me to take 3 a day.

It's good to know you are as crazy ...um I mean sane as 50% of the rest of us. Does that mean if you are standing between two people one is crazier than you...or that one is more sane?

What you doing Sunday? You and Kirsten want to hang out with Karah and me at concord mills? Kristen is going to hang out with her friends after church for one of their bdays....so figure karah and I will hang out or see a movie or something.