Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band workec for me but so wortiec

I have done so well. Met my goal in 7 mo. Down about 80 lbs. But. Here's my concern. So many people in my support group have either had the band then went to the Sleeve or they are opting for Sleeve to begin with. Im reading articles that say banding is less popular. Chance of eroding ect. Im worried i made wrong choice??

I meant worried. Having said all that. I feel great. So glad to have lost all this weight. I am just in awe that this worked. But now im obsessing about it. Just scared :( is this normal?

If you lost all your weight and have no problems, why would you question your choice?

The majority of band problems are patient failures not band failures. Statistically speaking, only 5% of band patients have serious complications by no fault of their own.

Here's the study: http://www.futurity.org/health-medicine/weight-stays-off-long-after-lap-band-surgery/

hm.......you lost 80 pounds...at your goal weight.

you tell me, did you make the wrong decision?

i know the answer and its no

Any surgery you could have chosen could cause a problem or not cause a problem. So as it sits right now you don't have a problem. No one can predict the future. The best thing you can do is stay compliant like mis73 said and hope for the best outcome, as you would with any surgery. Congratulations on your weight loss.

~~~Stephanie.

We all can second guess what we should have done... I would have preferred the VSG after my initial decision to go with the band, but my surgeon strongly favored the band based on the risks involved. So long as the band is working for you, don't worry about imaginary straw men. And because you are so successful with your weight loss, a revision surgery would be far less risky, if it is ever needed in the future.

Take your success and be happy. Now is not the time to second guess, you will only stress yourself. And stress.... well, it makes me eat! LOL!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches