Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

QUESTION: What Foods Can You No Longer 'Stomach'?

Does what you can eat change with the amount of Fluid in the band I.e as you get more fills you can't eat as many different foods.

I've just had my fourth fill - now up to 8ml so it will be interesting to see if what I can eat changes

Right now I can eat anything..., I'd be devastated if I couldn't eat salad...I love it! I've only had one fill and I have 3 cc's in my band, with little to no restriction :)

I can't eggs anymore. Terrible pains with instant diarrhea and horrible middle back pain. The same thing just occurred with a handful of almonds.

White loaf bread!

I am 3 months post-op and am in the green zone. I cannot tolerate nuts, and sometimes I have trouble with sandwich meat if its too early in the day. There are a lot of foods that I haven't attempted yet because of the poor nutritional value (especially breads and pastas), but I have no problems with most meats given its moist. The only thing I've ever got stuck with and had it come back up was a pecan...and even with that, I popped one in my mouth mindlessly and did not chew properly.

I have trouble with some raw veggies, like carrots and cucumbers. And, of course if I don't chew well anything could give me trouble.

I am 60 days post op and down 30#. I can no longer tolerate ground beef, re-heated foods. I gave up Starbucks - my chai tea latte is no more. cheese is out completely. Breakfast is a Protein Shake. Followed by 30 oz of Water. lunch is a small salad with Jenny Craig dressing. I can tolerate mashed Beans, so I will have a 1/2 cup too. 45 min later another 30 oz water. dinner is mostly out for me. I have a hard time keeping down the food. Most nights I will have a sugar free Popsicle. I had a few baby carrots and hummus today. That seemed good. I stay away from all white/brown carbs... They don't work! bread, rice, Pasta and all potatoes. Pirates Booty is ok for me. Good luck!

So many different answers on this thread; it really proves how unique our bodies are and how differently we all respond to the band.

I would not be able to eat red meat because I can't chew it down to "applesauce" consistency. Even ground beef...it just is too dry.

Same for breads, Pasta. Rice I could eat but I choose not to, as I have to eat it too slowly to bother. Who want to eat rice one grain at a time?

I can't chew lettuce enough to have it go down safely, but I can chew endive properly so that is my salad base.

Contrary to other commentors here, I can eat eggs in any form with no problem. It's one of my go-to sources of Protein when I'm too tired to cook. I can also eat nuts easily and I often use them in my endive salad.< /p>

Pork chops/roast are no go, after getting stuck then sick three times, I cut them out completely. salad is hit and miss. Untoasted bread is out too. Everything else is good if its chewed to smithereens :)

Things that are dense and heavy....the more you chew, the more soft and heavier they get...for instance anything made of dough...or rice....and cheese, especially melted globs.....I also have issues with red meat...no matter how well I chew, it remains the same, does not digest very well...you will rarley see red meat served in Nursing homes.

Of course, everything depends on one's band adjustment....

My food tolerances vary from day to day......one day I may be able to eat scrambled eggs the next within two bites I know it's not going to work! Same goes for Pasta, bread, ect. Fortunately I've never had any problems with salads or greens. I have found that if I'm eating out my safest go to is fish and a salad lol

Don't tolerate fruits well at all, oranges, bananas, grapes and plums are a no. Funny enough I tolerate junk food really well sigh. I also can't have dry chicken but everything else I can eat including bread which seems to be a problem for a lot of persons.

Does what you can eat change with the amount of Fluid in the band I.e as you get more fills you can't eat as many different foods.

I've just had my fourth fill - now up to 8ml so it will be interesting to see if what I can eat changes

Absolutely. The more Fluid you have in your band the greater the restriction. When I'm really tight I can only eat dense foods like meats, cheeses, eggs, and nuts.

So many different answers on this thread; it really proves how unique our bodies are and how differently we all respond to the band.

I would not be able to eat red meat because I can't chew it down to "applesauce" consistency. Even ground beef...it just is too dry.

Same for breads, Pasta. Rice I could eat but I choose not to, as I have to eat it too slowly to bother. Who want to eat rice one grain at a time?

I can't chew lettuce enough to have it go down safely, but I can chew endive properly so that is my salad base.

Contrary to other commentors here, I can eat eggs in any form with no problem. It's one of my go-to sources of Protein when I'm too tired to cook. I can also eat nuts easily and I often use them in my endive salad.< /p>

I eat a lot of eggs.< /p>

Any issues with lettuce/spinach/greens?

My friend can't do lettuce and she has been banded for years! I went through a phase where I couldn't have any ground beef or turkey. it just sat like a rock in my stomach and would make me sick. Glad that went away.