Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Embarrassing question being delicate as possible!!

I am two week post-op today.

Aside from the first week of anything I drank (broth, Water etc...) passing thru me in the same manner .. liquids; I have not had anything else happen.

Milk of Magnesia. Yummy. And/or glycerin suppositories. Not very glamorous but very handy and effective. Good luck. You aren't the first to have this problem :)

You were so delicate I missed the question - and I'm usually pretty perceptive. Hmmmm. No bowel movement? Everything coming out looking exactly as it did going in?

Delicacy is highly over rated. What are you saying? :-)

I didn't go for a week. I was beginning to worry so I called my surgeon and he said Milk of Magnesia. I took it when I went to bed and by the next afternoon, things were back to normal.

She's saying she can't sign_poop.gif

I've become a once-maybe-twice-a-week kind of gal. I figure - my body is using most of what I give it, so of course there won't be as much waste. SInce I had a pre-op diet, the same was true for me post-op. Have you moved on to mushies yet? If you're still on liquids, no worries...

Thanks - have some at home - will take it tonight.

I am on solids, these are the solids I have eatin thus far: greenbeans, turkey and cheese wrapped in lettuce. A few olives.< /p>

Thats about as solid as I have gotten.

I am still dealing with the head crazies that I am going to have to see the scale move up rather then down now that I am on solids.

Ahhhhhhh! Sorry, I'm not usually so clueless!

I'm with Jack on this issue - the (holy) Shredded Wheat is worth it's weight in gold. Every day - like clockwork.

Ahhhhhhh! Sorry, I'm not usually so clueless!

I'm with Jack on this issue - the (holy) Shredded Wheat is worth it's weight in gold. Every day - like clockwork.

Shredded Wheat? What are you talking about - now I don't understand you!!!! LOL LOL :)

I was banded on 4/13 and today was my first day really going. I just drank losts of Water and waited!

Well, what's good for the goose is good for . . . um, the OTHER goose!

Shredded Wheat is a Breakfast Cereal that's high in Fiber. I was having a hard time 'going' after surgery too - PhotoNut and Jack both suggested a fiber rich cereal. PhotoNut likes "FiberOne" for regularity and Jack likes "Shredded Wheat". I went to the market and Fiber One cost's a small fortune so I went with the Shredded Wheat (I know I shouldn't have but I got a box of frosted and a box of unsweetened and mixed them together - it's perfect). Ever since then I've been regular as clockwork. It's filling and tastes good (OK, I mixed in the sweetened one cause it tastes better) so I have a cup of it every day along with fat free skimmed milk and presto! Problem solved. LOL

Good luck to you - I know how you're feeling right about now! Try to find something high fiber that helps your body work on its own - you don't want to have to take medicine every day just to move your bowels.

No one ever wants to hear this one but . . . increasing your exercise will also help with this one. (Don't throw things at me!)

Thanks Donna!

I am drinking a good bit of Water, and exercising. Thats why I am suprised things are not moving along as they should.

I will have to try the Shredded Wheat - is it high in FAT/SUGAR/CARBS ??

The unsweetened version per 1 cup:

Calories 170

Calories from fat 10

Total fat 1g

Cholesterol 0mg

Sodium 0mg

potassium 190 mg

Total Carbohydrate 40g

Dietary Fiber 6g

Soluble Fiber 1g

Insoluble Fiber 5g

Sugar 0g

Protein 6g

So, a little high in carbs but worth it every morning like clockwork! LOL

Yeah, a little high in Carbs - I would not eat it as a Cereal, I would just snack on the little bisquets.

Does anyone remember the TWO BIG shredded wheats you used to get and break up in a bowl of milk?? I used to love that stuff as a kid!!

Does anyone remember the TWO BIG shredded wheats you used to get and break up in a bowl of milk?? I used to love that stuff as a kid!!

:embarassed: :omg: :) BLECH!!! Yes, I remember those!!! I still have nightmares about them!!! Those and those big puffy rice looking things......don't remind me!! I try to bury the bad memories!!!