Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 days out first real meal

Ok I had my surgery May 10 so I'm in week two. I was able to eat 2 small pieces bake fish & a small circle of mashed potato no butter no salt. I feel satisfied not full was that to much food to soon. I chewed chewed chewed I'm feeling less restrictions. I go to back to the doctor on the 31 to get adjusted. I feel as I been following my handbook to the letter. I'm also feeling my clothes have a little more room in them. Two weeks is a long time but I'm learning discipline.'I've never had that. I'm also excited about being able to exercise Is this normal

how did you feel after

I felt ok just not full but I was ok with that. I just felt I should have not been able to eat that much with the band.

Ok I had my surgery May 10 so I'm in week two.Congratulations!!! I was able to eat 2 small pieces bake fish & a small circle of mashed potato no butter no salt. I feel satisfied not full was that to much food to soon. I chewed chewed chewed I'm feeling less restrictionyour not going to feel restriction,or all that much, the band is just sitting around the stomach right now, restriction comes with each future fill.. I go to back to the doctor on the 31 to get adjusted. I feel as I been following my handbook to the letter. I'm also feeling my clothes have a little more room in them. :)GREAT FEELING HUH?Two weeks is a long time but I'm learning discipline.'I've never had that. I'm also excited about being able to exercise Is this normal ​ NORMAL is a state of mind, it just depends on what STATE your in at the time ;) I prefer Arizona :P But so far your doing great!! FYI: this is the point at which banders call" Bander Hell "it's where you don't have restriction and you often have hunger issues...so keep busy ..find new hobbies...exercise and ENJOY your Journey..

please keep us posted

You won't really have any restriction right now. Once you get fills, you'll feel different. Congrats and welcome to banded life!

You won't really have any restriction right now. Once you get fills, you'll feel different. Congrats and welcome to banded life!

I ate baked fish and a small baked potato with butter about 9 days post op. Just like you I didn't feel full but very satisfied. I'm on "real" foods starting today and I continue to have the same feeling. It's amazing to me and I love it.

Way to go my friend! I was banded the same day than you! And today I had my first "normal" day. 1 egg in me morning and for lunch And dinner a little bit of fried Beans with sour cream. It was delicious! I didn't eat much but I felt that it was enough to start feeling more energize. My main problem last week was that I was feeling too weak, but as soon as I started eating a little more, I'm feeling better. I'm 14 pounds down since the surgery but I'm assuming this will slowly go back to a normal and more stable weight lost. I'm really happy to hear you are doing great! And keep on going!

Ok I had my surgery May 10 so I'm in week two. I was able to eat 2 small pieces bake fish & a small circle of mashed potato no butter no salt. I feel satisfied not full was that to much food to soon. I chewed chewed chewed I'm feeling less restrictions. I go to back to the doctor on the 31 to get adjusted. I feel as I been following my handbook to the letter. I'm also feeling my clothes have a little more room in them. Two weeks is a long time but I'm learning discipline.'I've never had that. I'm also excited about being able to exercise Is this normal

My story: I was banded 4 years ago. I lost 117 pounds in three years. The last 8 months, though,we're horrendous.i got reflux every night-- even after eating 4 hours before bed, so I switched to a Protein shake for dinner, but that would come up as well. I was eating around 300 calories every OTHER day. I was cold, tired, and missed eating. But, I was ok with it, for I was nearly at goal weight. I was a slow loser and the PA's at my drs would yell at e for not losing enough more quickly. They told me come in to get a fill each month so, I did. But, soon, I couldn't eat at Allan's they were still nasty. So, is topped going and figured in time by band would loosen due to weight loss and I'd be ok well, I was wrong....

Then, last July 26, I started to get sharp pains in my stomach as if something was being ripped open inside me. Also, I could keep anything down: not even sips of Water. By 8 pm I was exhausted and in so much pain my husband took me to the e,regency room. I continued to dry heave and have sharp pain as if my stomach was dying. I had to sit up on e hospital bed, with my legs bent because stretching out felt worse. Then, I had my vomit tray and my husband was trying to answer my decimal questions, for I was in n out of conscientious.

Long, long story short, I had necrotic bowel and because I vomited so much and stringed so hard. All of my veins were blown out, so they finally found a vein for the IV in my foot. At 3 AM the hospital,performed emergency surgery on my bowel and had to remove the band. When I awoke e next day with 26 stitches down my abdomen and the nurse to.d me what happened in the surgery, I cried.

I was released from the hospital a week later and allowed solid food a week after that. Thank God I a, ok, except for my weight. Since August I have gained 40 pounds, and I am eating 1,100 calories a day. I've stopped fruit and even done a month of Protein shakes only, but still seem to be gaining weight. I do spin class 2x each week , Zumba 1-2 times each week and walk 1-2 miles 1 or 2 days a week.

I really hate how I look and feel and no doctor can seem to explain what is going on with me. Can anyone advise? I am scheduled to see a new lap band doctor in July, but by then, I fear I will be another 25 pounds heavier, and I don't even know for sure if I can get another lap band, or even if I should?...

Please. Any thoughts are appreciated.

----Julie

I'd try posting this in the complications section.... Start a new thread.

My story: I was banded 4 years ago. I lost 117 pounds in three years. The last 8 months' date=' though,we're horrendous.i got reflux every night-- even after eating 4 hours before bed, so I switched to a Protein shake for dinner, but that would come up as well. I was eating around 300 calories every OTHER day. I was cold, tired, and missed eating. But, I was ok with it, for I was nearly at goal weight. I was a slow loser and the PA's at my drs would yell at e for not losing enough more quickly. They told me come in to get a fill each month so, I did. But, soon, I couldn't eat at Allan's they were still nasty. So, is topped going and figured in time by band would loosen due to weight loss and I'd be ok well, I was wrong....

Then, last July 26, I started to get sharp pains in my stomach as if something was being ripped open inside me. Also, I could keep anything down: not even sips of Water. By 8 pm I was exhausted and in so much pain my husband took me to the e,regency room. I continued to dry heave and have sharp pain as if my stomach was dying. I had to sit up on e hospital bed, with my legs bent because stretching out felt worse. Then, I had my vomit tray and my husband was trying to answer my decimal questions, for I was in n out of conscientious.

Long, long story short, I had necrotic bowel and because I vomited so much and stringed so hard. All of my veins were blown out, so they finally found a vein for the IV in my foot. At 3 AM the hospital,performed emergency surgery on my bowel and had to remove the band. When I awoke e next day with 26 stitches down my abdomen and the nurse to.d me what happened in the surgery, I cried.

I was released from the hospital a week later and allowed solid food a week after that. Thank God I a, ok, except for my weight. Since August I have gained 40 pounds, and I am eating 1,100 calories a day. I've stopped fruit and even done a month of Protein shakes only, but still seem to be gaining weight. I do spin class 2x each week , Zumba 1-2 times each week and walk 1-2 miles 1 or 2 days a week.

I really hate how I look and feel and no doctor can seem to explain what is going on with me. Can anyone advise? I am scheduled to see a new lap band doctor in July, but by then, I fear I will be another 25 pounds heavier, and I don't even know for sure if I can get another lap band, or even if I should?...

Please. Any thoughts are appreciated.

----Julie[/quote']

Can anyone tell me if u t is okay to be hungry at 2 in the morning and satisfying that hunger. I work nights and often sleep most of the day away. I would eat a boil egg in the morning or make me a tasty omelet and maybe wake up about 5 or so and eat 3/4 Turkey meat balls or some chicken salad.

I also have no energy and I think I'm not getting enough of food in me. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful.