Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mush Food??? Liquids??

What did you eat after your 1st week of surgery? Is it still liquids?

Yes, Water, hot tea and sugar free popsicles.

It all depends on your dr./nut they should give you a list of what you can have and when. I am on a clear liquid diet the first week and then full liquid the second week and so on. I know some one on here who was on real food the second week. So all dr.'s are different in there requirements. If they did not tell you then I'd ask them. It can mess up the recovery of the band if you do it wrong. Good luck

~~~Stephanie

My surgeon said first week liquids, second mushy foods, then third "real" food. Hopefully your doctor gave you instructions too. Good luck!

You need to look at the post op diet your doctor laid out for you. Every doctor is different so you need to follow the directions of your doctor, not what anyone in these forums did.

If you don't have the post op diet info, call his office first thing tomorrow

Amen missy! I was banded on 5/14 and my My doc has me on a soft diet. High Protein Shakes, smoothies, puréed foods, etc. Every doc is different.

my doctor believes in a longer road to recovery. I was on a liquid diet for 2 full weeks after surgery. That included sf Jello and popsicles, Protein shakes, Water, and beef and chicken broth. After that I was on mush for 2 weeks, which included egg white, cottage cheese, yogurt, thin sliced deli meats, cooked veggies... Basically anything I could turn into a mush in my mouth by chewing.

After that, I was back to real foods

Hi everyone, my name is Vicky and just got the lap band surgery on May 16, 2013 and im just starting to feel a little better. Any suggestions on how to get the gas out. I can feel it trapped. ???? Please help! I know im going to need lots of support, maybe I can join you guys. :)

Hi everyone' date=' my name is Vicky and just got the lap band surgery on May 16, 2013 and im just starting to feel a little better. Any suggestions on how to get the gas out. I can feel it trapped. ???? Please help! I know im going to need lots of support, maybe I can join you guys. :)[/quote']

Welcome, feel free to start your own thread that way you can get more attention. Your surgeon should have covered trapped gas with you. I know it sounds crazy and you're in pain, but the next day after surgery you really need to start walking, 30 min a day at least. This is what gets the gas out. The day after my surgery, I was up and about doing laps in my living room while watching tv and sipping Protein shakes. I would rest for a couple hours and break down my walk into 10 minute stints.

Good luck

Thanks, this information is helpful! I need to get my lazy @ss up even though it hurts and walk.

Thanks' date=' this information is helpful! I need to get my lazy @ss up even though it hurts and walk.[/quote']

Trust me, you'll be glad you did, it really speeds healing time

my doctor believes in a longer road to recovery. I was on a liquid diet for 2 full weeks after surgery. That included sf Jello and popsicles' date=' Protein shakes, Water, and beef and chicken broth. After that I was on mush for 2 weeks, which included egg white, cottage cheese, yogurt, thin sliced deli meats, cooked veggies... Basically anything I could turn into a mush in my mouth by chewing.

After that, I was back to real foods[/quote']

My dr was the same way! 2wks "straw diet" (if you can eat it through a straw its ok to have, but no staws! Lol then 2wks soft and the 5th week was normal. With my fills its 2days straw diet, 2 days mushy, and the 5th day is back to normal.

My dr was the same way! 2wks "straw diet" (if you can eat it through a straw its ok to have' date=' but no staws! Lol then 2wks soft and the 5th week was normal. With my fills its 2days straw diet, 2 days mushy, and the 5th day is back to normal.[/quote']

That's how I am for fills as well