Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Becky Lee... Good to see ya! If you keep working out muscles you will have one of three things happen...

A loss of weight OR

A loss of inches OR

Both ;)

I think increasing the aerobic portion of the workout helps with the weightloss? Anyhoo... good for you sticking with it!

Well... just got home with Ava... the quote of 250.00 somehow jumped to 340.00 when I went to pick her up. I was extremely upset. I asked for an estimated cost so that I could make the decision to leave her or take her home. Soooo... tears... and more tears... and a doctor denying that he gave me that quote...and both pups records later... I am spent. I love my dogs but I am going to have to say a big prayer that they stay healthy for awhile. How does an average person afford to own a pet???? Just the preventative care is out of sight! THey told me... well you know that a clinic is very expensive to run an we certainly aren't making any money... WHAT????????? Anyhoo... I am broke... humiliated for crying in public... and over a barrel for options for reasonable health care for my dear dogs. :)

Hi everyone! Been trying to catch up with the posts. We are currently waiting for the Dr.'s office to call and let us know when the appointment for DH's next test (an angiogram) is scheduled for. Once they do that, then we will set a surgery date. The results of all so far have pointed to the same issue. This will check to see if he might have any blockages that they would go ahead and bypass at the same time.

Darcy---GO TO THE DR.!!!! DH's biggest complaints were shortness of breath, and a pounding palpitation. I know time and finances are short with the expenses of Ava, but you need to have it checked please! I am sorry you are at that point in your dogs life that the tough decisions have to be made. There is no easy answer, and it is hard. I had my dog put down 5 years ago...I kept putting it off, and she got worse and worse. I knew the time was coming tho, so I brought her kennel in to clean it up, and she hated that kennel, she would run and hide under the bed when it come out. But she drug herself up, and walked across the LR and stepped into it. I could not coax her out. When I pulled her out, she could no longer supporther hind quarters, so I took her in. I cried for ever it seemed like. My heart goes out to you.

Donna--I am so thankful you had the necessary love for your son to let him help himself. You did good. My brother is and alcoholic, he has been sober now for over 5 years. He ended up in jail for 90 days, and finally that clicked. I was sad for him, but also VERY pissed off, I saw what it was doing to our parents. I know you are in their shoes, and I sympathize, and pray it works out as well for you.

Eileen--twice in a month..YUCK!!! I love my hysterectomy. Now the cancer that forced it sucked, but since then...love it!! No more signs of the bunnies?

Beannie--glad you enjoyed your time with DN. I think I need kicked. I am grazing all day. Stress has me eating like crazy! I am holding at the same weight, but losing has stopped, and I know it is my own fault. Get the boot ready!

Patty--Woo Hoo TiVo is fun!! Get your shelf built?? HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your boys!! Enjoy them, time goes FAST!

Bubbame--if you just have to be fair and share it with him, I would add up all the insurance YOU paid, and deduct that right off the top, and then, and only then split it with him at all. And deduct any time you have to spend dealing with it due to him and his family! Oh and don't forget to pay ME for my 2 cents worth!!:)

Pat--so sorry about the loss of your friend...no words seem appropriate. Maybe you should plant something in your beautiful yard in her honor. It looks like you have the same EZ-GO golf cart as we do for running around the farm!! Kids all love it too!! And don't be afraid to pinch back those petunias, or they will get long and leggy, and not full and pretty. I hate pinching things back it seems unnatural!!!

Cindy--glad you survived the "not talking about it" weekend! You did great!! That is hard. I had an Aunt who wanted everything when my Grandma died, and my Mom to keep the peace let her have her way. I hated it then, and do now. My Mom however says she has peace of mind, that she did it the way my Gma. would have wanted, and she has the comfort that SHE provided her comfort in the end. Y'all are better people than I am!!! We too do the grave decorating "thing" either here or in TX depending where we are for the weekend.

Betty--thought about you buying up your goodies while we were at the rally this weekend. I bought tshirts, and the rally pin. Nothing big. Hopefully by next year I will have to buy new leathers!! Meaning mine may be too big!! I drug my feet getting these, kept telling my DH, I look like I am wearing the whole damn cow!!! Maybe next year, I'll need a smaller cow!!

Becky--whatcha knitting these days??

Ok, my brain is saying ENOUGH!! Hope everyone is doing well, thanks for the continued prayers for DH....big hugs for everyone!!

Kat

hello folks...hope all is going well for you. I just got home after running ragged trying to find a place that sells this "one" certain brand of paintball gun that my son insists is the best. Of course he changed his mind a few times and turns out we couldn't find one at a decent price anyway. No way was I paying close to $200 for a side hobby he may be able to do maybe once a month if that? I made an arrangement with him to do some chores and he'll get paid for it. No chores, no pay period. We'll just see how that goes...never worked before but, if he wants it bad enough he'll do it lol.

Been crazy at work as usual but, I got the best compliment today. Apparently the practice managers for the account I work for wrote to the Vice President and Account Manager at my place of work recommending me for Employee of the Month. Unbeknown to them supervisors cannot be awarded this award. Just one of the company things. Well they wrote the company last Thursday and no one told me. Geesh! My boss finally said today...did anyone mention to you what your account wrote about you? I told her no and she showed me. She said because I'm a supervisor I can't get an award but, she's hoping they'll really take into consideration their words. Basically the managers wrote that I'm always helpful and always make them feel like they are number one and without me they couldn't meet their goals, or help their patience as effeciently if at all without me. They praised my knowledge, personality and told them they felt I was on their side and definately an intricate part of their team. Awww man that was so nice. I want to write them and thank them but, I'm trying to figure out what the heck, if anything the company I work for plans on doing. I don't want to write back in case I wasn't suppose to know yet. My boss is also a friend so she told me lol. I don't think they wanted her to tell me yet. So we'll see. I'm not keeping my figures crossed that's for sure. The account managers, vp and president meet on Monday so we'll see if anything happens after that. If nothing happens I'll give the gals that wrote a call of appreciation :) It just made my day!

food wise...well took my son out to eat to McD's. I orderd the filet o fish w extra tartar and took the bun off. That went down fine and dandy but, STUPID me took a chicken nugget and BINGO golf ball. When oh when will I learn?

Well....kinda tired to do personals but, I'm definately keepin an eye on ya gals and wishing you the best. Just keep on Shrinkin'!

Hey Kat... I'm so glad that things are moving forward to quickly towards bringing your husband back to having a healthy heart! Don't worry... my Mom has the same problem... a simple medication took care of the problem and taht is what I'm hoping for!

Just so you all know why I am so spent over the dog issue... I had a big sweetie of a dog named Jack (huge German SHepherd) He was all love! I brought him home from a local rescue and he came with a lot of health issues that the rescue failed to mention. By the time I was aware ... it was too late... I loved him. He was a vets dream... and eventually the prednisone that helped stop the open bleeding sores on his body made the stenosis in his spine worse... needless to say... we eventually had to put him down... It makes me cry now to think about it. Sooooooooooooo a couple of months later... our other dog was hugely depressed and so were we without him... so we chose Ava. *sigh* She is beautiful but has had problems with temperment and then was diagnosed with an auto-immune disorder at 8 mo of age. We can't wean here off prednisone without her jaw locking... the whole thing has been devastating. SOOOOOOOOOO... that is why this whole situation at the vet put me over the edge.

Oh... and my other dog barfed all over this morning while I was gone working out... guess the antibiotics for the Lyme Disease didn't agree... AND... Ava tinkled all over the floor in the kitchen when she got home due to the loads of fluids they gave her. CALGON... TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy... I'm a regular ray of sunshine today!

P.S... Sherry... Congrats on being such a well liked and appreciated member of the team at your job... I can just tell from looking at your face that you would be a joy to work with!

Darcy- Your scaring me with our chest pains!! Take it slow. I'm glad you are calling the doctor.

Glad the puppy is doing better. I'm going to call Caesar the dog whisperer in soon on Lucy.

Thanks for the WL support. I'm going to just step up on the exercise and cut down on the Snacks and see where the # goes.

Patty-You are being so good about all of this waiting. It will all work out Ms Sadre (I think that's how Karen spells her name) She waited almost a yr if not more. She is having her band on the 5th. We are all so excited for her in NC, your time will come and you will be the hottest mama in Disney....Mickey, Pluto, Woody and Buzz Light-year will be chasing you all over CA before you know it, if there not doing it already!!!

Becky-I don't remember if I said happy birthday.

Kat-So sorry about your hubby this waiting must be making you both crazy. Thoughts and prayers for you both.

Pat-Sorry about your friend that must be so hard.

Sherry-How nice was that! Must make your day go a little easier knowing that your appreciated.

Hello everyone else. Sorry I didn't do personals on everyone. I can't keep my eye balls open tonight!!

Nighty night

Good Morning Sunnnnnshinnnnnnnne you brighten my day, you make me wanna get up and sing, an early morning singing song...scooby dop dooby, nibby nabba newby, la la la low lowwwwwww

Good morning everyone....hopefully this mood with stick with me all day :) I guess I slept well last night lol. I hope my friends have a great day and keep on shrinkin! Talk with you soon! (Geesh in a great mood and I didn't even have sex lol - I knew you were thinkin that Eileen & Bean! Although...that would of topped my morning off heh heh)

Ha....Sherry...that's funny, however, I agree............morning sex is better than bacon and eggs for starting your day!

Carol

Good Evening....

On my way to gym!!!! I will check back later to do personals.

Kisses,

Hey Miss Donna... Come over to June and do personals. ;)