Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

San Antonio Surgeons

Has anyone in SA used Doctor Cavazos? Ive heard alot of good things about Dr. Wright, but then my MD referred me out to Dr Cavazos.

I had Dr. Wright in March 2012. I'm down 89lbs so far. I haven't really seen him since the surgery day, just the nurse practitioners. I'm happy. I think he and Dr. C are partners.

Good for you!! Thats alot of weight. I hope i can make that a goal for me also. I was reading that Dr. Wright is out of the Nix Hospital downtown while Dr. Cavazos is off near 410 and starcrest area. I think your thinking of Dr Carcamera ( Dr wrights partner) im just so hesitant taking that first step. However, im tired of the failed diets, workouts, excuses, etc. I need a huge boost and im ready to make a life change. I have two kids and wont even take them to sea world cuz i dont want to be seen in a bathing suit! Pathetic. Im hoping my insurance is cooperative cuz i do meet the over 40 BMI. THANKS again.

My insurance did not cover. I went with Dr. Wright because he works with True Results, and they will do surgery for under $10,000, including a year of followup. Since I had a hernia on the preop endoscopy, insurance paid for the hernia repair and I paid for the band--so only $4800. I think that was worth a better and longer life! I feel like a totally different person.

Ok cool. Did you have to make an appt directly with Dr. Wright, or did your MD refer you out? And just curious, why wouldnt your ins. Cover your costs? Thanks for all your help and information. Its been helpful.

I used Dr Cavasos on 9-20-11.

I cannot say enough good things about him and his staff.

I don't know how many patients he has but when I call the office they immediately call me by name.

They have been more than accommodating to my needs for follow up appointments because I do not have a set work schedule.

The reason I went to him was he trained under the surgeon that did the first laparoscopic procedure. I believe he trained/worked with him for 8 years.

I would STRONGLY suggest you go to several info seminars before you decide.

I've sent 3 co-workers and 1 co-workers wife to Dr Cavasos and they all agree it was the best decision they've made.

BTW, I'm down 110 pounds.

Wow!! That is great. I just have so many questions. Did your MD refer you out to the surgeon? Or did you just approach the surgeons office and get started like that? Thanks again for your reply.

I did not consult my primary at all. As a matter of fact, I didn't even seen primary for over a year after surgery. It's not that he's a bad guy or anything, it's I felt my care with Dr Cavasos office was all the care I needed at the time.

When I finally did see the primary he came I. The office readings file and started talking without looking at me. He started rambling about needed more blood work for my diabetes, cholesterol and a couple others. I told him I'll pass on the bloodworm because I no longer am diabetic. That's when he finally looked up and saw me. His expression was priceless. He started asking all the questions and he was about to send me off. I had completely forgot why I was there. As walking out that's when I had to ask for my allergy medicine.

Anyways, go to his website and look for a seminar date and go and decide wisely.

Www.texasbariatric.com

Living in SA with all the great food has been a challenge, lol.

It's always good to have someone to talk with when you have life changing decisions to make.

Since you have started this journey now is the time to get busy with your change.

Most insurance require a 6 month supervised weight loss program before insurance will pay.

The scheme is during the 6 months you'll lose interest and decide not to have the surgery.

So, if you start making your changes now the 6 months will fly by.

If you have any questions or need a word of encouragement I'm here for you.

I mentor another lady and when we can we hit the gym together. That doesn't happen to often because I have a insane work schedule.

And, get on YouTube and watch, FAT, SICK AND NEARLY DEAD full movie.

Very interesting movie.

I've incorporated juicing into my weight loss because I've been on a 6 month plateau.

Listen to 550 am at 5:00 today. It's a show about juicing here in San Antonio.

My insurance doesn't cover bariatric surgery of any kind, regardless or comorbidities or BMI. The company just did not choose that option. I approached the surgeons office directly.