Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it possible for your band to become too tight without a fill

I have been experiencing for the last month my band being much tighter than normal. I haven't had a fill and nothing had changed. It could possibly be stress but I'm always stressed. The only other thing I can think of is the change of temperature. I live in FL and wonder if the humidity could have something to do with it. Anyone else have similar issues?

Some of us have extremely temperamental bands. Temperature, stress, hormones, illness, allergies, and even elevation can effect it and make it tighten right up. I'm definitely one of those people, too.

Is it too tight? If so, maybe you could get a really tiny unfill just for the summer?

I am going to echo Missy.. If it feels Too Tight you should prob go in for a little unfill ... but I know mine is different every day Yes Hot days it is tighter for me than cooler... but not too tight just tighter... TOM... other things play a part to but I know I pin pointed heat this past weekend. :)

Absolutely. Stress will affect it for sure, and getting stuck or throwing up can can make you get tighter as well. I find for myself that I tend to get tighter just before and during my period, which I've heard can be due to Water retention.

Bottom line though, if you're too tight, uncomfortable, having problems eating or drinking, experiencing acid reflux or heartburn, it may be time to get a little bit of an unfill.

ALL OF THE ABOVE Great information, But Scar tissue can also affect the band tightness, ( and it doesn't have to be immed. post op) and it's a personal belief of mine that they don't know enough about WHAT exactly affects the Band because when studies are done they take everything into consideration BUT only report the MOST prevalent issues. :(

I know stress IS a reality in all aspects of our lives, but I also think the medical community uses it as "catch all" to explain to many problems, just like I was reading earlier how they blame allot of health issues on "your overweight" "If you'd just lose weight". :angry: To me that is just an easy way out so they don't need to get to the root of a problem.

( LOL...sorry off topic rant)

I did find that while living in Arizona for a year I was able to go longer without a fill, but then returning to Michigan I had more frequent fills. SO YES, anything is possible with the band.

from my own experience:

TOM

stressing at work (over my in laws health issues)

me and my ole man fussing

(he cant ever find dirty clothes basket after 28+ yrs)

allergies

me breaking a nail

traffic snarls

van halen never touring again

my band tightens up......so to answer you, yes

i dont have any fills (just the primer at surgery)

just not hungry...i welcome it sometimes.

When you all do get the sensations of your band tightening do feel like your too tight and become concerned?