Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on May 9,2013 @9:am on the dot. Im feeling like crap I walk all day to push the gas out, but nothing seems to be working and in not liking the way in I'm feeling, my Doctor had to put extra gas in my abdomen do to it being so flat and tight and I'm feeling every bite of it, I'm us to having a BM everyday due to me being so active and not I'm moving like a snell, I'm a very strong women but this has really broken me and I DON'T LIKE. I haven't been back to work and I know that my patient need me, I'm to the point of asking for a removal. My head hurts all of the time and I DON'T DO good with liquid diet, I will forget to drink and most of all I will force myself to drink something that I once use to LOVE and that was Water, I would drink 96oz or more a day now I'm sipping and not keeping myself dehydrated enough due to cutting back on my amount of Water. I'm so pissed and will be calling my doctor for a removal, I know that I payed a lot for this but I must look at it like a it's not for me

Sent from Ladybug29 iPhone using LapBandTalk

you were banded less than a week, gas/farts is going to happen..its major surgery so its gonna hurt/be uncomfortable.....and you need to stay hydrated because you know if you dont, it can make you not feel well..and because you are still swollen from surgery, its hard for liquids to go down and hence why you need to sip all day long.....you need to help yourself by doing what you need to to make this work. its not a walk in the park or a quick fix....you have to heal, you have to maintain a positive attitude (even when it sux or it hurts) and really as m1 said, way too early for you to be giving up....the band will help you, but you gotta help it and yourself first.

Wow. You sure seem to be giving up quickly but I guess you know what is best for you. Good luck.

It's not that I'm giving up I will NEVER GIVE UP ON MYSELF, I was working out 7 days a week 3 hours or more at gym and had started a Fitness Boot Camp drinking Water like a fish and now I'm not doing any of that, I just feeling like I should have waited I started this Lap Band journey in 2012 and things went pretty fast for me and I'm not feeling myself at all, just feeling really down:-(

It's not that I'm giving up I will NEVER GIVE UP ON MYSELF, I was working out 7 days a week 3 hours or more at gym and had started a Fitness Boot Camp drinking Water like a fish and now I'm not doing any of that, I just feeling like I should have waited I started this Lap Band journey in 2012 and things went pretty fast for me and I'm not feeling myself at all, just feeling really down:-(

dont feel down......heck we all get that way.....look at how far you come...and fitness boot camp, YOU GIRL GIRL...if you dont feel well, or your head hurts or whatever, tell your doctor. have you told them how you feel yet??

you were banded less than a week' date=' gas/farts is going to happen..its major surgery so its gonna hurt/be uncomfortable.....and you need to stay hydrated because you know if you dont, it can make you not feel well..and because you are still swollen from surgery, its hard for liquids to go down and hence why you need to sip all day long.....you need to help yourself by doing what you need to to make this work. its not a walk in the park or a quick fix....you have to heal, you have to maintain a positive attitude (even when it sux or it hurts) and really as m1 said, way too early for you to be giving up....the band will help you, but you gotta help it and yourself first.[/quote']

Like I stated once before I NEVER GIVE UP ON MYSELF, when you body is us to consuming a amount of Water everyday and you just stop cold turkey doing your body does go through its own withdrawals from it, I workout big time 7 days a week 3 hours in the gym, I started a Fitness Boot Camp that is doing pretty well, with 50+ women and men drinking 96oz or more of Water a day and now I'm barely doing the water and I'm sure not doing the working out anymore, you just don't understand I'm feeling some kind of way. Sorry :-(

dont feel down......heck we all get that way.....look at how far you come...and fitness boot camp' date=' YOU GIRL GIRL...if you dont feel well, or your head hurts or whatever, tell your doctor. have you told them how you feel yet??[/quote']

No I haven't spoken with him yet, I'm going to call today a speak with the nurse. And kind of crazy to speak with a Nurse and Im a Nurse LOL, when he told me that my stomach muscle were really tight and my stomach was flat and more gas then the normal I should I spoken up then:-( but I had so much on my plate at the time trying to make sure my floor would run well while I was out:-( and worried about everyone else and putting myself on the back burner:-(

No I haven't spoken with him yet, I'm going to call today a speak with the nurse. And kind of crazy to speak with a Nurse and Im a Nurse LOL, when he told me that my stomach muscle were really tight and my stomach was flat and more gas then the normal I should I spoken up then:-( but I had so much on my plate at the time trying to make sure my floor would run well while I was out:-( and worried about everyone else and putting myself on the back burner:-(

(((hugs from nc)))

seems the ones we forget about is ourselves when we got SH** going on...i never meant to imply you give up, far from that in regards to your exercise ethics, you make me so WOW....

i do know that when stressed, i find it hard to eat and drink..i wish you all the best..i love your profile picture and you are doing so well....i wish i could say something to make you smile or feel better..hang in there okay.

(((hugs from nc)))

seems the ones we forget about is ourselves when we got SH** going on...i never meant to imply you give up' date=' far from that in regards to your exercise ethics, you make me so WOW....

i do know that when stressed, i find it hard to eat and drink..i wish you all the best..i love your profile picture and you are doing so well....i wish i could say something to make you smile or feel better..hang in there okay.[/quote']

You have made me smile and I feel better knowing that you care enough to cheer me up once the office opens I'm going to see if I can get an appoint to come in we know when something is not right with our bodies:-) a BIG SUPER THANKS FOR THE NC HUG:-) I'm sending you back a NC HUG as well we are in the same stated:-) I will keep you posted. Thank you again for your positive Reassurance. :-)

I sure hope you feel better soon. I am a week and a day out myself and I have had my moments too. A friend of mine, who had gastric bypass a couple of years ago, that the first couple weeks totally suck! Your body is going through a big adjustment from the surgery itself and it is also detoxing from the previous way of eating (carbs and sugar), which make you feel like crud. As nurses it is hard to take time for ourselves let alone allow us to have a moment to heal. Work will go on with or without us. Please take the time you need to heal. I think this whole process is a big lesson in "patience", I know that is hard for me, especially being a nurse I like to be in control! Please do call the office and let them know how you are feeling, hopefully they will have some words of wisdom for you! Sending hugs your way!

I was banded on May 9' date='2013 @9:am on the dot. Im feeling like crap I walk all day to push the gas out, but nothing seems to be working and in not liking the way in I'm feeling, my Doctor had to put extra gas in my abdomen do to it being so flat and tight and I'm feeling every bite of it, I'm us to having a BM everyday due to me being so active and not I'm moving like a snell, I'm a very strong women but this has really broken me and I DON'T LIKE. I haven't been back to work and I know that my patient need me, I'm to the point of asking for a removal. My head hurts all of the time and I DON'T DO good with liquid diet, I will forget to drink and most of all I will force myself to drink something that I once use to LOVE and that was Water, I would drink 96oz or more a day now I'm sipping and not keeping myself dehydrated enough due to cutting back on my amount of Water. I'm so pissed and will be calling my doctor for a removal, I know that I payed a lot for this but I must look at it like a it's not for me

Sent from Ladybug29 iPhone using LapBandTalk[/quote']

I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time!! We were banded close to the same time and I have enjoyed talking to you throughout. I understand the feeling of drinking water like a fish then all of the sudden FORCING yourself to drink it. That is me completely. I used to drink around the same as you and now struggle to drink 2/3 of that amount. I just try to force myself. I know that I have a few hours on between meals (been forcing myself to eat too, not hungry at all), so I make sure I drink about a cup or two of water between meals. Now I can't relate on the working out, holy s*** you are a beast!!! My doc says I have full clearance to do workouts of any sort after 4 weeks, hopefully yours is the same. You will be back to beast mode in no time!! You are probably right that your patients need you(you seem like a great person and nurse), but YOU also need you. Plus honestly even if you had it removed as soon as tomorrow that would delay your time back to work bc of an additional surgery. But, I'm rooting for you no matter what you do! Don't make any rash decisions and I hope that you start to feel better and get back to kicking a**!! Let me know if there's anything that I can do. Once again I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. You are awesome! But, you already know that :)

I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time!! We were banded close to the same time and I have enjoyed talking to you throughout. I understand the feeling of drinking Water like a fish then all of the sudden FORCING yourself to drink it. That is me completely. I used to drink around the same as you and now struggle to drink 2/3 of that amount. I just try to force myself. I know that I have a few hours on between meals (been forcing myself to eat too' date=' not hungry at all), so I make sure I drink about a cup or two of Water between meals. Now I can't relate on the working out, holy s*** you are a beast!!! My doc says I have full clearance to do workouts of any sort after 4 weeks, hopefully yours is the same. You will be back to beast mode in no time!! You are probably right that your patients need you(you seem like a great person and nurse), but YOU also need you. Plus honestly even if you had it removed as soon as tomorrow that would delay your time back to work bc of an additional surgery. But, I'm rooting for you no matter what you do! Don't make any rash decisions and I hope that you start to feel better and get back to kicking a**!! Let me know if there's anything that I can do. Once again I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. You are awesome! But, you already know that :)[/quote']

Creekwood you sure do know how to make a girl cry:-) Thank you Thank you, yes we did have our surgery around the same time and its rough as ever for me, I'm just not use to worrying about myself I'm use to worrying about others :-( I guess that I'm going to have start today so that I can get out of this feelings that I'm in:-( I'm sipping water now sipping this is to funny Lol I'm being Sarcastic:-( I'm lightly drinking LOL that's more like it, I'm feeling much better and I'm walking around and I'm not going to let my work get in my way, I'm calling my Dr. this morning because I have to have a BM sorry for no being lady like but I'm backed up my brother LOL. Thank you again Creekwood you have been a Big help with me feeling a little better this morning:-)

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time. I can tell you this though, it does get easier. The first few weeks you do struggle with adapting to a new you. It was so hard to get Water in, gas pains, and of course incision pains. After those first few weeks you will feel great. You will see the weight start dropping and have even more energy than before. Your exercise program kicks butt, I had to work my way into exercising. I never exercised prior to surgery, but I started exercising 3 weeks post op and have been going hard at it since. You will get back to your normal routine just going to take some time. I hope that you will keep pushing through! You will get there and it is going to be awesome. Sending lots of prayers and hugs from Georgia! :)

Creekwood you sure do know how to make a girl cry:-) Thank you Thank you' date=' yes we did have our surgery around the same time and its rough as ever for me, I'm just not use to worrying about myself I'm use to worrying about others :-( I guess that I'm going to have start today so that I can get out of this feelings that I'm in:-( I'm sipping Water now sipping this is to funny Lol I'm being Sarcastic:-( I'm lightly drinking LOL that's more like it, I'm feeling much better and I'm walking around and I'm not going to let my work get in my way, I'm calling my Dr. this morning because I have to have a BM sorry for no being lady like but I'm backed up my brother LOL. Thank you again Creekwood you have been a Big help with me feeling a little better this morning:-)

Sent from Ladybug29 iPhone using LapBandTalk[/quote']

I'm glad that I can help :) Lol at being lady like. I have been lucky as far as BM's but I know that's a major problem for some. Get that taken care of! Lol I don't know why but this reminded me of the scene in the nutty professor where they are at dinner table talking about having their colon cleansed. LOL I hope you have seen it, I'm literally laughing thinking about it. This scene is what life after surgery is. GAS like crazy! Lol I've been a burping/farting machine. My son loves it (he's 5), my wife understands but thinks I'm overdoing it :) maybe the burping contests between my son and I are a little much :) I'm so happy that your day has started to turn around! You deserve to smile! :)

Ladybug - after I was banded, I had a very hard time drinking Water. Like you, the small sips were the complete opposite of what I was used to. But I have to tell you, now I drink Water almost as I did before. No, I don't guzzle it, but I'm able to take several consecutive sips at a time. My water intake has increased greatly since surgery, and I just.....drink. No issues. Once you are healed and your body is past the shock of surgery, things change.....a LOT! And they change for the better.

I completely understand the despair and frustration AND feeling completely out of sorts. But I would SO hate to see you terminate something that will help you get to a place you want to go. Especially because what you are feeling today, will be short lived (in the big scheme of things). Ask yourself this "if I don't give this procedure it's best shot, where will my weight be in a year from now?". I'm guessing that you've tried many different diets to lose weight....without long term success? When you are feeling crappy and depressed over the next week or two, try & visualize how you will look & feel in a year from now, if you keep the band & do the work. Then visualize what you will look & feel like in a year from now, if you have it removed.

As many above said - you DESERVE to give yourself the care that you provide for your patients. If one of your patients expressed the same feelings to you, shortly after major surgery, what would you tell them?

I'm so sorry that you're having such a difficult time. All I can say is that it WILL get better. And I hope for you, that it's sooner than later.....