Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was curious if anyone else had any issues from their endoscopy? I was told I have esophagitis and hemorrhagic gastritis. Not surprising since I'm in grad school. Anyone else had results like this? did they delay your surgery? I had the results sent to my surgeon last Friday and am just waiting for them to call me to schedule my surgery.

Have you researched other WLS options?

More than likely a Band is going to just create MORE problems here.I'd get the problems treated first. And if your Doctor is SMART? that would be his recommendation also.

If your already experiencing problems with the esophagus the band isn't going to HELP, instead probably make things worse.

Esophagitis is inflammation that damages tissues of the esophagus, the muscular tube that delivers food from your mouth to your stomach.

Esophagitis (uh-sof-uh-JI-tis) often causes painful, difficult swallowing and chest pain. Causes of esophagitis include stomach acids backing up into the esophagus, infection, oral medications and allergies.

Treatments for esophagitis depend on the underlying cause and the severity of tissue damage. If left untreated, esophagitis may change the structure and function of the esophagus.

Some people suffer from Achalasia post banding, and If your already having difficulties with the Esophagus getting a Band "might" just add to those problems.

Acute hemorrhagic gastritis is an important cause of upper gastrointestinal bleeding, accounting for approximately one fourth of UGI bleeding in endoscopic studies. Most patients with hemorrhagic gastritis have underlying predisposing conditions, such as alcohol abuse, portal hypertension, short- or long-term NSAID use, and physiologic stress associated with hospitalization in an ICU for severe life-threatening disease or trauma. The key to management is prevention; however, once established, hemorrhagic gastritis is treated with both supportive measures and measures directed toward healing the mucosal damage. In general, therapy is the same as that for classic peptic ulcer disease. These patients present a challenge, however, because of their underlying diseases and because of the potential for diffuse mucosal bleeding, the latter making the use of endoscopic therapy more difficult. Surgery is an option of last resort for the patient who continues to bleed despite aggressive medical and endoscopic therapy. Future investigations will focus on pharmacologic therapy to enhance mucosal defense mechanisms, therapy that will likely attain increasing importance in the years to come.

I've posted the above information as a FYI, you may already be aware of what each of these conditions are, but it also helps anyone else that might not and can benefit from the posted information.

Good Luck~