Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill or No Fill???

Banded Feb 17 2006, I have lost 50 pounds so far. My weight loss stopped for a week or so and I scheduled my first fill. Since setting up the fill date I have lost about 8 pounds. My first fill is scheduled for this Weds. So should I go ahead and get the fill or just wait until weight loss completely stops? I usually eat more than a cup of food. Please help!

monterry021.jpg28f23a04.jpg

Wow Kiely you can really see a change in your face. Good job on the 50 pounds lost. About the fill I would think you would only get a fill if your weight loss has completely stoped and you are able to eat double of what your normally eat with the band (everyone is diffrent) If I were you I would ask my Dr. and see what they say.. let him know what you are eating and how much.. if you have to write it down for a day or two that would be a good idea. But if your losing with what you have now... no need to push it anymore. You dont want to be to tight. Let us know how things go.

you look great

WOW....losing 50 pouds in 2 months is great

i wish i could have done that

if u feel the need of having a fill then get one

'

its really only u that can tell if your ready or not

goodluck

Depends. I kind of look at it as whether or not you're losing if you do the right things - I've been in that situation for probably the last 3 months, not a lot of restriction and having to use a fair degree of willpower, however I do think in the last two weeks or so the amount of appetite I have regained is becoming problematic, I'm having huge trouble staying away from food in the afternoons, and suddenly I can indeed get bread and stuff down with supreme ease, I could always eat it but had to go slowly and not eat a lot of it.

Sure I could continue losing but I do think I need a fill.

How do you really feel? Is it a battle or is it just a matter of keeping a bit more of an eye on things to keep the weight coming off?

Good job Kiely. My doctor would not give me a fill until I stopped losing weight and that was 4 months after surgery. I was mad at the time but I realize he was right. The less fills you have, the better off you are (imho).

IMHO, and if I were you (knowing what I know now) I would wait until your WL slows down and you and your body will know when its time.

Congratulations !!!!!

GET THE FILL... I lost 50lbs without a fill and thaught I could do it without it. Then because of my insurance changes I could not get one. My weight is creeping back up. I have gained around 20 pounds back. It is sneaky. God bless you...Janie

Hi Kiely,

I saw that you decided not to get the fill. I think you made a great decision!! "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!" Sometimes when you get a fill it only causes more problems by being too tight & you just don't need it. You are doing fabulous just like you're doing. Congratulations on the 50 lb. loss!! WOW!! I am impressed. :)