Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need someone to kick my ass...

Back into gear. I was banded Jan/2012 and have lost right at 100 pounds. Now I seem to be right back to my old addictions (p'nut m&m's, ice cream, Hershey's). I guess it's because I we a yr I was successful in avoiding that junk. But for some reason after Easter I can't stop getting some type of that (oh yea an Pringles) once a day. I'm not stomach hungry, I'm head hungry for that junk. Also I've been extremely successful in avoiding drinks 30/1hr before and after food. But what I suck most at is eating slow and recognizing when my pouch is full. Thanks for reading this just typing it means I've admitted in slipping off the wagon. I'm in charleston,sc if you're close. I could use someone who works out too. I go just not all week long.

we have all been there so no need to kick your butt

from experience, we seem to be our own worse enemies

so you stated you lost 100 pounds...to do that you had

to be eating less calories which is awesome..so stop

eating crap food...its that simple...nothing wrong with having

pringles every so often, but healthy lean Protein, veggies and fruit

is way more better for you than high fat, high calorie junk foods..

sure it tastes good but that is what made us obese in the first place.

so start drinking alot......stop eating at 20 min and dont eat more than

what your doctor allotted for you and your band..

so stop doing what you clearly know is not right

and do what you know you have to...make yourself well.

ps: i grew up in charleston...graduated from berkeley high

All the foods you are "cheating" on slider foods so you'll be able to eat a lot of them without bad side effects.

You already know the answer- STOP. Get it all out of your house. Throw them in the trash. If it's not accessible then you can't eat it.

Head hunger and food addiction are powerful as well as dangerous when left unchecked. It's going to suck but you're going to have to white knuckle through it awhile while you detox your system of all the crap you've been eating. After a a couple days of not having them the cravings will slowly start to diminish to a tolerable level. It won't be fun but it's necessary if you want to get back on track.

Also keep in mind your pouch never actually gets "full" and if it does you're likely eating too much. food passes through the band in less than a minute, it doesn't pile up in it unless you're eating way too fast and too big of bites. This is why it's so important to stick to band sized portions, take small bites, and pause between bites.

You know what you need to do- so do it.

Best wishes.

Hi Paula,

WOW that's really scary ... I have lost 100 lbs twice in the past (before surgery) and gained it all back PLUS a bunch and it REALLY SUCKS ! I assume you have considered getting a fill? Although that doesn't really stop you if you are committed to eating around the band.

I would consider shaking up your schedule as much as possible - even visiting someone if you can that can help keep you clean 3 or 4 days.

You probably know you are playing with fire here right?

The FIRST thing I would do is bump up exercise a lot ... Join group fitness class the earlier in the morning - the tougher the class the better. Sign up for a race 5k, 10k or longer distance - maybe a triathlon and start training.

Good luck - really hope you get it back on the track - only you can do it : )

Lee

((((hugs))))same here. We both need that kick. Best wishes, Happy Mother's day!

ps: i grew up in charleston...graduated from berkeley high

I grew up near Charleston too...... Hanahan High School graduate here. I now live in Houston, TX. I miss home ???ž

Keeping the junk foods out of the house, and out of reach, helps here. If the temptation isn't there it is easier to fight the urges.

I grew up near Charleston too...... Hanahan High School graduate here. I now live in Houston, TX. I miss home 😞

i miss home too.......miss edisto beach more :(

howdy neighbor

Thank you all for the words and the truth (as I sit here eating frozen yogurt with Reese's). I am my own worst enemy for sure. No doubt about it. And you're right it's gonna be like starting all over again. But I've done it once and can lose this last 100 pnds!! Back to the basics for me first thing in the am. Also I have the 14 cc band and have 7cc in it. Not sure I need a fill other than just eat right.

Thanks again...

Thank you all for the words and the truth (as I sit here eating frozen yogurt with Reese's). I am my own worst enemy for sure. No doubt about it. And you're right it's gonna be like starting all over again. But I've done it once and can lose this last 100 pnds!! Back to the basics for me first thing in the am. Also I have the 14 cc band and have 7cc in it. Not sure I need a fill other than just eat right.

Thanks again...

I am sad - I get it - I want you to have Hope to Know that the even the smallest action begun TODAY can and will make the difference for you.

Lee

Thanks again...

The choice is yours.....I could never just "Eat Right"....that's why I had WLS in the first place....to do for me what I am unable to do on my own....I'm very good a loosing weight on my own...Like smoking, I did it 100 times it was so easy....then eventually failed every time....but the Band is different...it is Surgery!! Something done physically to alter the way I eat forever...

So whether or not you get a fill is up to you.....whether or not you rely on yourself or believe in this surgery is up to you....don't get me wrong, many people are very good at it....but if I was that good I would NEVER have gone through surgery of all things, nor would I have needed to.........but since I'm not that good at diets and loosing weight, I did have, and NEED this surgery and I'm going to use that surgery for everything it is designed to do....otherwise I fear to be one of those who report they "Fell off the Wagon" or need to "Get back on track"

Been there...done that...no Mas!

Good Luck!

Thanks again...

nothing wrong with starting right now....the future is ahead of you..not behind

Thank you B 52 and Carolina girl. I started today with a refreshed approach and decided to not stop half way. It's what I tend to do in my life period. Marriages, lap band, career, etc. This is going to be the one thing I finish I swear it! Got a 5 yr old to be here for. Thanks again for the advice.

Paula I know how your feeling. I too am trying to get back on track. I was banded 12/09 and lost 70 lbs and then had a dilated esophagus so my band was deflated for a few months and then I had a port revision due to a leaky port all last year and gained back 20 pounds. Since that time I have finally lost the 20 and encouraged to continue due to the support on this forum AND my new friends on My Fitness Pal as they can see what I eat everyday and I'm held accountable. I'm addicted to logging my food and finding new things to cook and it has totally motivated me. Now I just need to get back into exercising! Once you get your mind made up you can do it!!!