Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

question on restriction

I got a 1 cc fill on thursday 4/27. I didn't really feel any restriction when they were watching it go down under xray, but they said that the liquid was hanging up a little. He was going to add another .5cc if I said that I didn't feel anything, and I really didn't. Then he took me to his office and had me eat 2 small pretzels and those went down easily.

I have heard where someone goes for a fill and feels no restriction and then boom they have restriction after a week or 2. Could this possibly happen for me? I have lost a couple of lbs since my fill but I still don't feel full with a small amount of food, and I have absolutely no problem with any kind of food. I haven't tried bread yet, and I am a little nervous to try it, LOL. He said if things are still going down too easily in 2 weeks he would schedule another fill right away. I was just wondering what everyone's take was on this. Does it sound like I will probably need the next fill in 2 weeks?

There's no way to predict how YOU will feel in two weeks, Mia. MY experience was that fills didn't make themselves felt for at least two weeks, sometimes more. Everyone is different and in my opinion it's only prudent to wait like a month (especially for women) to see how the adjusment works out.

My fill took three weeks to kick in. Now it feels like it's dissapearing already. I only had good restriction for about a week. I go back in one week for my second fill and I can't wait!!!

"My fill took three weeks to kick in. Now it feels like it's dissapearing already. I only had good restriction for about a week. I go back in one week for my second fill and I can't wait!!!"

Did you find out why you felt like the fill was dissappearing? I got my second fill on 5/10/06 and had restriction for about 12 days, now I can eat much more and really want to understand why.

Thanks.

Michelle

i was wandering if u went for another fill?. i am going for my 2nd and hope that will help. my friend had her second fill and said it was just right and its been awhile.

i am trying to get and take all the advice for future reference.

i got 6 cc's the first fill and hoping to get another 6 when i go back.

it sounds like some people are not getting enough , unless it depends on the band u have or the doctors advice.

I haven't gone yet. I will know tomorrow when I go. My doc had to order the needles he ran out. I will be done under fluro. They are going to start doing it in the office soon. I can feel a small restriction but I feel that I can still eat too much, so I hope that this next fill will help.

Chelleanne- My understanding is that the band is made of a semi-permeable material. People have said that with their first fills in particular, that much of it is actually missing when they go in for the second fill. One person (sorry for forgetting) said that they were actually dry.

Weirdness huh?

I think after you reach proper restriction the band hangs in there with you until you lose enough weight to reduce the amount of fat assisting the band in maintaining that restriction. People aren't just fat on the outside, but on the inside too. It loosens as you lose. You may need to go in for a touch up. This is Brenda theory mixed with fact so double check my stuff, K? I am still working toward restriction and have no veteran credentials or testimonials to share, yet.

Here I go, typing after midnight again. Last time I tasted foot for quite awhile.

hi every one i was banded on 23 may 2 days ago ive been drinking milk tea milkshakes has any one got any surgestions are we aloud Soup how did yous feel after u was banded im a bit uncomfortable

I always felt my adjustments (fills) right after I had them. I never had delayed restriction after a fill. Everyone is so different, and everyone's band acts differently.

I would definately say that if you still don't feel proper restriction in a couple of weeks to go in and get another small fill. The adjustment process can be a tricky one and might require several small fills until you get proper restriction.

Let us know how everything goes. Good luck!

Tricia

I've never had delayed restriction either, but I just dont get the idea that if things go down easily you dont have adequate fill. Surely the idea of the band is not to actually make eating difficult - that is just a side effect that sometimes happens.

I'd say if you've lost more weight since your fill then its working! I find that because I can eat till I'm no longer hungry - even though the amount is smallish, I feel like I've overeaten all the time. My head cant break the "must go hungry" mentality - so if my tummy isnt rumbling when I go to bed I feel like I ate too much that day when in actual fact I've done just fine.

So I feel like I eat too much but the weight just keeps coming off so I really dont.

Does that make any sense, lol? I just mean really that if you eat to satiety, but dont have discomfort and PBing and you're losing, then your fill is fine. You really dont have to go looking for PB's, being unable to eat bread etc to have an adequate fill.