Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm banned...Just got home last night..My experience.

Well after all the months of researching...asking questions, etc. I got the lapband. I left kansas city wednesday morning...got to Mexico around 11 am wednesday..at the airport as soon as we walked in was Natalie. Very nice person, helped with everything. Went straight to the hospital. Did the paperwork...then went to my room. Very nice. Clean. They took some blood to do the bloodwork. And then at 9:00 I had my surgery. I was scared...but the nurses are so nice..and Dr.Joya is very nice. He really is...and I think he truly cares. Had the surgery...woke up...all I had to say was pain..and I had medicine right then. The next morning..I was sore...but left the hospital at 10:00 am. By Noon me and my husband were walking on the beach. Did some shopping..Yes, I was hurting...But I was ok. That night..I drank some broth from the hotel. It is $3.80 Everything went well. Friday morning..me and hubby got up at 8:30..walked the beach and layed in the sun for a few hours. Caught a taxi at the hotel..went to the airport...the plane ride was long for me. 4 hours...I was hurting a bit..plus a headache...BUT I made it home....I still hurt a little but that is to be expected. All in All...I think I did good. I wanted to get up early this morning and go to yard sales..but it was rainy a little bit..and I was just plain tired..so I skipped them and I'm taking it easy today. As for the money situation...we gave Natalie $10 the first day...and then the 2nd day when she took us to the hotel we gave her $5.00. The taxi was $5.00 and food for me was $3.80 for the chicken broth. Of course we walked along the beach down to where the big cruise ships come in..and all of the sellers there...My husband bought me lots of things. a leather purse, 2 rings, 2 bracelets, a dress... and a few things for the kids. We really did good. The place there is beautiful....I only wish we would have stayed a few more days. The pool area is just unbelievable...and the hotel you look out at the ocean. We are seriously going to take a family vacation there soon! I was so skeptical of it all but really wanted to have this done..and I was afraid of the pain..and everything that went along with it. BUT for right now...I am happy I had it done!! I will keep everyone posted.

Congratulations!! I can hear the excitement in your words!! I'm glad to hear you had such a great experience. Good job on the walking too. One thing they stressed in pre-op class was walking b/c of possible blood clots. Walk, walk, walk!!! Seems to be the theme. I hear it helps with the gas too. :biggrin1:

Congrats on being an official bandster. It sound like you are doing fantastic.

I'm glad to hear that all went well for you. Make sure you take it easy, walk, and stay hydrated.