Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just starting and SO excited

Hey everyone! I'm Kelly and I'm SO excited to be here! I'll share my backstory:

I have been heavy set most of my life. Back in 2000 I lost 80 pounds by starving myself... needless to say that didn't last long, I gained all that weight back plus some. I got to my top weight in December 2006 of 310 and started Weight Watchers, got to my goal of 155 in May 2008... life had never been better. I enjoyed being at my goal weight SO much, honestly the feeling of being there is just so amazing that it's not describable. I kept the weight off (except 20 that I played back and forth with) until the spring of 2011. I'd been dealing with IF for a couple years and we had the chance to adopt a newborn, an adoption that came out of the blue. The next 50 days were the most anxiety filled I'd ever experienced... and I dealt with that by eating. A lot.

My amazing little girl was born in July and I was able to stop working to stay home with her... and I was just so darn happy! So I ate. A lot. Life with her is so amazing, but... now that I'm home all day, I can't keep my eating under control. I have managed to gain back 100 pounds in the last 2 years.... so sad.

I always knew that if my insurance would pay for the surgery, that I would have it in a heartbeat, as a tool to help me get to & maintain my goal weight. The other day I just got to thinking about it, looked up my policy online and I'll be doggoned it wasn't one of the exclusions on my plan!! I called and she said that most likely I'd qualify, so I'm waiting on my packet to come in the mail to fill out and get started!!

In case the pictures work:

The one of me in the jeans and blue shirt was the picture that led me to join WW in 2006

The second picture was me at my goal weight

The third was at a farm recently

post-351666-13813141613718_thumb.jpg

post-351666-13813141613866_thumb.jpg

post-351666-13813141614216_thumb.jpg

you can do it and we are all here to lend an ear or advise from our experiance when you need :)

Congrats on taking such an important step. We've all obviously been where you are and I hope you find the support and advice you need here. Good luck!~

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches