Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings from Lilongwe, Malawi

I haven't got internet access at home yet so I haven't been able to access lapbandtalk. I've certainly been missing everyone.

I got my shipment yesterday so this morning I unpacked my scale. I am down to 161 pounds and 34% body fat. That means I lost 6 pounds in the last few weeks and 2% body fat. Eating here is challenging. Its a struggle to find band friendly foods. Also, I just got a working microwave on Monday and my stove yesterday. So many dinners have been yogurt with Protein powder. Or processed meat and cheese. I know my calories have been low.

The last few days I've been working 11 hours without a lunch break. The meetings I'm in don't even take bathroom breaks!!

As soon as I get internet at home, I will post pictures. Its very beautiful here and lush. Last week I went to a conference at the lake and the monkeys were playful and hanging around alot. The resort was great so it was disappointing to spend all day in meetings. This is winter so its dark by a little after 5.

I bought some size 10 pants before I shipped my stuff and they fit fine today. I sent my last pair of skinny jeans and they slid right on. I have been walking every day in the morning and alot of weekends. I don't have tv, radio, or anything so its either read books, do puzzles, or exercise. I plan to start yoga classes as soon as I get a car.

The strangest thing happened in the last couple of weeks - I have a waist. My weight is also shifting around so my hips and abdoment got smaller but my legs didn't so now I have saddlebags.

I'm still planning to return to ND in August and ride down to Las Vegas to the Sangria bash. Since I don't have time to read anything today, I hope everyone is doing well. Later. Celeste

Oh my goodness.....

Sounds like Malawi is good for you. (Maybe THATS where I need to go???)

I am SOOOO excited for you doing SOOOO well on your big move. A size 10 jean?

Girl, you are now classified as a "skinny minnie"!

A BIG WAAAHHHHOOOOO to you!

Hey Celeste,

Its so good to hear from you. WHOOT on the weight loss and size 10 pants...how freakin cool is that. Where you are might not have band friendly food but girl, what ever your doing, your doing it right.

Congratulations !!!!!!!

Can't wait to see pictures :eek:

WOW!! A size 10?!?! Awesome!!! I honestly can't ever remember being a size 10. It's so good to hear from you! Glad you're doing well! Can't wait to see the pics! (((((HUGS)))))

Sounds wonderful! I hope you really get to enjoy this life ezperience!! Size 10 - I don't think I've ever owned anything so small, even in my skinny days - WAY TO GO!!! Now, don't starve yourself...I'm sure you'll find local foods that are healthy and yummy!!!

Keep us posted!!!

Love ya~

cheri

Wow, what an adventure! It sounds like you're doing great. Can't wait to see the pictures. Congrats on the size 10!! :eek:

SIZE 10!!!!!whow!!! I can only imagine!!Sounds wonderful down there..I hope you get to enjoy some of it. All work and no play makes celeste a dull girl...Send pics when you get a chance!!

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Hi girl, Congrats on the weightloss and getting into those size 10's. It sounds like you are settling in there. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Hey, Malawi-lady! Nice to hear you're settling in and doing so well!! We can't wait to see pics. Congratulations on your wonderful progress!!