Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just wanted to share this, a friend told me about it and I am so thankful! I know this may not be the same in all states. My doctor did not even know about this.

I have insurance with United Healthcare. My insurance does cover the lap band surgery, but only 90%. I am not able to pay the rest of it out of pocket, so a friend told me about a place called Arkansas Rehabilitaion Services. I made an appointment to talk to someone there to see if they help out with this. They do! Every case is different, but I was told that they want to help people that need to get a job or hold on to a job and can't or are having problems because of a health problem. In my case, It was hard for me to stand 8hrs at my job because of my weight. They also help for other problems other than weight. In some cases, they cover 100% of surgery! They also refund me my copays for all my doctor and nutritionist visits.

My case worker told me at the beginning that if I was not approved for surgery, then they would pay for me to be on a weight loss program and pay for my food! Thank God though that I am getting the surgery.

I just wanted to share this, because I know not everyone can afford it or get credit. Hope it helps!

I had United health care and they paid all but $760.00 I guess each state is different damn insurance plans anyway glad for other help out there thanks for sharing. 76076

Thanks for sharing. I live in Texas but I'm sure going to look into it, I guess it would be called Texas Rehabilitation Services (I'm hoping). I have Champ VA and have to meet my deductible which I believe was 3,000.00 or around there. I was lucky to have meet about have of it already this year so I only have to finance 1,500.00. I also still have to pay for fills at a co-pay of 20% which comes out to 85.00 a fill. But next year it all starts all over and the fills will be over 400. I guess it it so expensive because he uses a fluoroscope every time, and I won't be able to avoid that, depending on how many times I need it. I have not been banded yet that happens May 28th. So I'll be sure to look into it. Again thanks

Well I called and Texas does provide that service, but you have to jump through hoops for a year. You have to be severely obese and working with your Dr. trying to lose weight and some other things. Sounds like some of the same criteria for some insurances. It won't be something I can do. But I thought I'd post about for anyone from Texas reading this. Hopefully it might help someone. So great post.