Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bruping, new sensation

OK so I have always been one to burp. My kids even laugh and say "Mooommm" hehe. Since being banded I have burped much less, due to the lack of carbonation. But I do still burp as my stomach digests, not during eating but well after. This doesn't bother me at all but I was wondering if I was all alone in my burps feeling very different since the band. I can literally feel the burp go from my lower stomach to my puch and then out, like a wave effect. Very weird, lol. Anyone else?

PS: I do not burp in public :eek:

I have noticed since I had the band put in that I burp a lot more than I ever did before. It's strange since they told me that I wouldn't be able to burp at all after the surgery. I drink nothing but Water so it's not from softdrink or anything like that. I have the same feeling as you, I can feel it come all the way from my stomach up my throat - sometimes it doesn't come out as easily as it should though. For the first six months it was really bad, but now, after a year, it has settled a lot. I still burp, just not as much and not as loudly as before.

Like you though, I try and be a lady about it. LOL. My husband is pretty impressed by it!

I definitely burp more than I ever have. It seems strange to me too because I don't drink anything carbonated any more. It also feels exactly as you two have described. I really don't like it. I hope it gets better.

I can't burp... I've felt like I've needed to a few times but then I can't get it out.

Weird how we have the same tool but everyone is so different.

My mom told me it was improper for a lady to burp....have felt in life that maybe a burp might help....but until the band I was unsuccessful!! Now.......... lookout I might be able to win contests....unfortunately!!! :eek:

Usually talking when mine pop up!! :eek: Oh well....worth it too me!!!

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -37lbs :mad:

Ummm. mine seem to come out the other end. I can't burp at all anymore, but don't get behind me.

I burp way less, but they last forever... it's like just a little comes out at a time, instead of all at once, and I can feel them coming from "way deep down" in me. Niiiice...

I'm with Miper, mine is from the other end.:faint: I just had my surgery on Friday and am still full of gas from it.

I burp less I think. My first sign (and long lasting ) of over eating is burping and/or hiccuping. Goes for ages. Its slightly irritating, but sooo much better than PB'ing I guess.

So I now actually take all burping as a sign over overload

I burp much less than before. I get a small hiccup/burp letting me know that I "should" be done eating and that is it. However, I have the same problem as Miper. It comes out the other end. I'm telling you that I could hurt people. :thumbup:

When I am full, a few minutes after I finish eating I will sometimes have a really really long, powerful burp.. It lasts for quite a long time.. it cracks me up actually! My husband is also impressed with it lol. We refer to my burps as a form of art...

I, too, burp more now than ever and I am not drinking anything but Water and tea. From reading the previous postings, could burping be related to overeating? - although I seem to burp after every meal. 3 weeks out from surgery and today I had my first pb. THAT will teach me to eat more slowly! Holy cow, that was painful. Anyway, why do we burp? Are we making room for the food to process? I don't understand since it seems none of us is drinking soft drinks. K